April 25, 2024, 10:16:48 AM

News:

Dumb Question

Started by bump, January 28, 2020, 10:58:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bump

Can Dyna Beads be run in a tire with a tube? If so how do you get them in tube?

Lakerat

Yes, they work just fine in a tubed tire. The beads go in through the valve stem with lots of patience.
PGR  92 FXLR 97 FLHTCU (RIP) 98 FLHTCUI 95th Anniversary Now Carbed

92flhtcu

another brand of beads, "Counteract" sells tubes pre-loaded with the beads
Need a bigger garage

Breeze

To get beads into a tire/tube easier, I use one of the wife's tiny funnels, then rest some electrical tool next to the stem. The vibration makes the beads go into the tube easily.  My engraving pencil works great, but something from the wife's bedside table will also suffice.  :doh:
I'm starting to believe my body is gonna outlast my mind.

truck

:agree: ^^^^
A vibrating tool works good.
Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.

Boe Cole

Quote from: Breeze on January 29, 2020, 03:37:01 AM
To get beads into a tire/tube easier, I use one of the wife's tiny funnels, then rest some electrical tool next to the stem. The vibration makes the beads go into the tube easily.  My engraving pencil works great, but something from the wife's bedside table will also suffice.  :doh:

Best laugh I've had in a long time!!!
We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public.

road-dawgs1

Quote from: Breeze on January 29, 2020, 03:37:01 AM
but something from the wife's bedside table will also suffice.  :doh:

I don't get it, how will a set dentures soaking in a cup aid in getting dynabeads into a tire easier?
'24 FLTRX Sharkskin blue

MikeL

I didn't have good luck running Dyna Beads in a tubed tire. Using them on my 2K RKC front tire I could never get rid of a high speed shake. I ended up using a new tube because getting all of the beads out would be impossible. 2.5 oz. of spoke weights cured the problem.
I believe there was a ridge or 2 inside the tube upsetting the mechanics of the beads, the tube was the correct size for the tire. Or the Dyna Beads could not handle that much out of balance weight.

calif phil

It's a PIA putting DynaBeads in a tube.   The preloaded tubes are the way to go.   :up: