May 04, 2024, 10:42:30 PM

News:

Is the M3 dipstick vent needed

Started by primebiker06, February 18, 2020, 11:27:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

primebiker06

Hi guys thanks for reading, I installed a DK EBS on my 2011 flhtp 103",(andrews 48 cam, big sucker air cleaner, dnd two into one) my question would the m3 vented oil dip stick be an added help in making the engine run "cooler better" a buddy put one on his 2014 limited n swears by it.

marcodarq

ok, checked it out on Fueling's website,
on a bike that has no excessive blowby, it wont hurt anything if you don't have anything better to spend your cash on. On a big inch and or high comp engine it might have some benefits as the rings wear and excessive blow by develops. they key here is what is excessive and what is the root cause of the excess. If the engine has some miles on it and you were looking to squeek some more time out of it before a rebuild, it would most likely help.
If you want to know for sure, with your bike bring it down to the dyno, do a before dyno run, then install it and do an after run and see if there is improvement, with no other changes being made. a true apples to apples comparison. It's really the only way to tell for YOUR individual bike. Without testing, it's just guesswork and opinion and we all know how those can go.
marco

primebiker06

thanks for the reply marco, those were my thoughts as well,

when I would clean my air cleaner I would see small traces of oil not much but some, that's why I did the ebs, now cleaner cooler air going in the motor.