April 16, 2024, 01:16:07 AM

News:

VOES Switch

Started by hywystar, February 06, 2020, 06:58:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hywystar

Ditched the CV carb long ago for an SS Super E, ran great for years ....do i still need the switch and all the wiring? Just wanna strip it down to essentials.
Don't Ride Faster Than Your Angels Can Fly

rigidthumper

VOES helps with mileage & detonation- I leave it in
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

rageglide

VOES is part of the ignition, so changing to any carb other than stock is moot point.  If you like a loppy idle remove it, if you want decent performance and mileage keep it.   Make sure the older VOES is not leaking vacuum as that is a common problem.   Put a large vacuum cap on the tower fixes most leaks.

hywystar

Quote from: rageglide on February 06, 2020, 07:23:49 PM
VOES is part of the ignition, so changing to any carb other than stock is moot point.  If you like a loppy idle remove it, if you want decent performance and mileage keep it.   Make sure the older VOES is not leaking vacuum as that is a common problem.   Put a large vacuum cap on the tower fixes most leaks.
My '92 is original, and for $50.- it's cheap insurance to replace. Will keep it, Thx all.
Don't Ride Faster Than Your Angels Can Fly

rageglide

New VOES will still benefit from a large vaccum cap.  The silicone cap doesn't bond well to the plastic long term.  They used to be $20 ;-)