April 23, 2024, 03:50:15 PM

News:

Heritage handlebar for 1997 FLHR

Started by Finn, January 25, 2023, 07:36:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Finn

Probably old news but just in case somebody else too finds OEM Road King handlebar perhaps a bit... er ... handful.

OEM handlebar is such that at least for me it twists my wrists in a position which is not that nice, especially after a while.

However, when I ride my FLSTC the riding position is so natural that there is zero pain even after hours in the saddle.

After a bit of reading I noticed that Heritage bar on Road King is not so uncommon that I had to try that. Apparently there is also a "Heritage style bar" for Road King but that is different from Heritage bar.

Pre-TBW handlebar is 56569-09 and the later one for TBW 55800396. I got the 56569-09.

Original wiring and cables were OK and didn't have to be extended/replaced. Brake pipe/hose needs to be extended a bit but I wanted braided line anyway. Quick test at the dealer today felt really, really good.

This photo is from the net. Allegedly the bar in front is OEM Road King bar and the one in the back 56569-09.

This is mine from today:

As well as these.  :baby:

PS. Sorry about grainy photos. I don't know what I do wrong but when I resize them they get so low in quality.

-83 GS1000G | -84 GSX1100EF | -97 FLHR | -98 FLSTS | -16 Triumph Tiger Explorer XRT 1200

boooby1744

I had Heritage style on m RK for a couple of weeks. I have a KW  14" 1.25" on now.You cannot see attachments on this board.

les

When I had my 2011 RK I also put on the Heritage bars for the Road King.  All stock cables worked.  The very next model year after I put them on, they came from the factory stock that way.

JW113

Finn, I moved from 16" apes to that same Heritage bar on my Road King. Love it.

-JW
2004 FLHRS   1977 FLH Shovelhead  1992 FLSTC
1945 Indian Chief   1978 XL Bobber

billbuilds

I put Heritage bars on my 99 FLHR and found them to be a big improvement over the stock bars.
Anybody who tries to tell you that the press is the enemy of the people is just that.