March 28, 2024, 05:00:35 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Clutch options for limited grip strength

Started by jimrookie, February 09, 2020, 08:37:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fleetmechanic

Quote from: FSG on February 09, 2020, 07:27:59 PM
I'd bet not one of them knew HD used 15 Deg Ramps in some 1990 Models
The riders I spoke of were all changing them on early Twincams.  We did have one 1990 FXRP and I think it was a little easier to pull than the earlier ones from the late 1980s.

truck

You could also convert to a jockey shift.
The gear shift lever becomes a clutch pedal and the gear shift is a lever that you reach down and move back and forth with your left hand. No strength needed in your left hand.
Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.

calif phil

I was going to post about the Rekluse auto clutch but Turboprop beat me to it.   Another thing I would recommend is some adjustable PSR levers. 

jmorton10

I have a sort of a geared setup on my clutch handle that works similar to the old mouse trap setups. It has gears in it and goes over center to relax the shift pull as you pull out in.

It is held on by the nut that holds the left mirror on and it works quite well without reducing clutch throw at all. The units came in both chrome and black, but I haven't seen one for sale in years and may have gone out of business years ago.

I'll take a quick pic of it tomorrow and see if I can get a clear shot of it.

~John
HC 124", Dragula, Pingel air shift W/Dyna Shift Minder & onboard compressor, NOS

FSG

that will be the AMP E-Z PULL CLUTCH ASSIST

jmorton10

Correct FSG.

I have 2 of them & really like them.

As far as I can see there are no negatives to them.

~ John
HC 124", Dragula, Pingel air shift W/Dyna Shift Minder & onboard compressor, NOS

bump

A friend of mine lost the first finger on his left hand in industrial accident. He rode a panhead with a mouse trap. After his hand healed enough to ride off he went. Later a Dr told him it was the best thing he could do for that hand. Now forty years later he is still going strong.

harleypacific

I have the same problem,I am running a Rekluse Auto clutch on my 03 Dyna and it is brilliant but as someone stated you need to use the clutch lever  at highway speeds to get a smooth change ,I was thinking about fitting either a Muller Ramp or the OEM Reduced Ramp to give some extra relief when riding at speed on back country roads which require lots of gear changing, has anybody attempted to combine the Rekluse and Muller/reduced ramp ? Your thoughts please.
Cheers HP.