April 24, 2024, 05:52:30 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Where can I get an adapter to run this headlight?

Started by misfitJason, February 09, 2020, 12:42:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

misfitJason

I ended up with this newer style headlight. It will fit in my bucket but it requires a different plug type than my h4 style. Does anyone make an adapter to go from this style of plug to H4? I thought I had one from when I last purchased a Led headlight but the adapter is of a different style.
2006 Dyna, Kraftech Evo Softail

road-dawgs1

Will the H-D adapter harness work, or is it a different plug?
'24 FLTRX Sharkskin blue

Coyote

misfitJason

Coff 06

Glad you found something. I have some adapters that came with some CowOne lights but they ended up being just a little different.           Coff 06
06 FX Springer, 98",11/1,9B+4*,HPI 55/58 /5.3inj,HDSP Pro Street heads,123/118

misfitJason

I have one now that looks like the Harley one in the ad. Mine doesn't fit though but it's not the Harley one. I am going to make a trip there on Thursday to see if it fits because they have them in stock. If not then we will go to plan b. 

bobrk1

The  plug  looks  the  same  as mine  but  site  says  14 and  up, won't  work  on my  12,  to bad 

PoorUB

Quote from: bobrk1 on February 23, 2020, 10:43:03 AM
The  plug  looks  the  same  as mine  but  site  says  14 and  up, won't  work  on my  12,  to bad

'12 which model? It will depending on which model and what you are trying to do. HD probably says it won't fit because the motorcycle was not set up from the factory with it. There are a lot of parts that "don't fit" that will if you know what you are doing.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

bobrk1

misfitJason

Went to harley with the light.  18.95 later they  set me up with the adapter