March 28, 2024, 01:51:49 AM

News:

clutch hub nut seal

Started by dusty1, February 09, 2020, 05:37:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dusty1

My Rivera pro clutch has been leaking, especially while on lift. Its leaking past clutch hub nut. I took it all apart today for inspection, cleaning, and seal replacement. I noticed the Rivera hub nut is shorter than stock and will take one seal, not two like a stock nut. The seals are different too between Rivera and stock. Same O.D., but stock seal has sealing area recessed into seal, while Rivera sealing lip is flush with outer seal. I'm thinking it doesn't matter, or does it? TIA   

Burnout

Rivera probably has a double lip seal?
They don't call me Ironhead Rick just because I'm "hard headed"

76shuvlinoff

I dunno, I haven't looked at my Rivera since I put it in in 03. I do remember stuffing two seals in the stock nut .
Overfill the transmission?

I'm curious, do you normally have an open primary or is this something you spotted during maintenance?
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

Racepres

FWIW, in the Shop we would leave that seal out on Belt drives for a Vent....
If you do Not overfill the trans... it remained dry!!!!

dusty1

Yep the Rivera seal has a double lip...and i think tranny was probably a bit overfilled

Reddog74usa

If you need a seal Rivera is back in business. Have made a couple orders in the last 6 months and got my parts quick.
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

76shuvlinoff

QuoteRivera is back in business.

Didn't know that. Good!
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway