March 28, 2024, 05:47:06 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Adjustable pushrods for Evo

Started by chipthedonkey, February 10, 2020, 05:54:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chipthedonkey

Have a stock Evo in my nephew's bike.  Before spring going to work on it a little.  Soemthing I don't remember.

Will aftermarket adjustable pushrods work inside the stock pushrod covers?  Or do I need to get a set of pushrods and covers that go together?

Ohio HD

Yes, stick with a quality brand and you wan't have issues.

Dan89flstc

US Navy Veteran
A&P Mechanic

chipthedonkey

Have a set of S&S 93-5076.  No idea how long they been here around collecting dust.  So they'd be ok and won't rub in the stock covers?    Thanks.

chipthedonkey

Just wiped a ton of dust off the old package and read it to be sure more.  Sticker on the package says have to remove rocker boxes to install.  I want to use a set of adjustables to avoid removing the rocker boxes.  Does someone know a set of adustable pushrods for an Evo that will work with just cutting out the old ones and installing the new ones without taking the top off?

Scotty

Mark222

Andrews make a set of "time savers" that do not need head / rocker removal.

I have had good results with their product.

Mark

chipthedonkey

Flhfxd

I have the S&S quickies in my 94 dresser. Works good. Stock PR tubes. No interference.
"And the road goes on forever...... But I got one more silver dollar.....'

chipthedonkey

Thanks again.  Knowing what pieces is actually in use and doing what ou're going to want makes it a lot more comfortable to spend money online site unseen.

Hillside Motorcycle

We use constantly S&S pushrods inside the OE covers.
Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"

capn

S&S quickies are very user friendly . Ultima also makes good pushrods.

Burnout

I have always been fond of Taper-Lites.

Some of the larger diameter pushrods will hit the cover tubes, so I avoid any of the "fatter" designs.
They don't call me Ironhead Rick just because I'm "hard headed"

Pete_Vit

Quote from: Burnout on February 14, 2020, 08:28:36 AM
I have always been fond of Taper-Lites.

Some of the larger diameter pushrods will hit the cover tubes, so I avoid any of the "fatter" designs.
:up: that's what I have in mine Riviera (sp) Taper lite Chrome-Molly, fix nice. 
93 XLH1200 - 96 FXSTS - 2010 Ultra Glide Classic
www.facebook.com/harleypartsch

Buglet

Taper-Lites are nice pushrods, used them for years.

JW113

I use both S&S and Rivera, can't say one has much leg up on the other. Usually go for what is best price at the time of purchase.
:SM:

-JW
2004 FLHRS   1977 FLH Shovelhead  1992 FLSTC
1945 Indian Chief   1978 XL Bobber

Hossamania

A friend just picked up some pushrod tubes from Fuel Moto. I'm pretty sure they were Smith Brothers, I'd not seen tubes that thick before.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take away everything you have.

screem

I have a set of V-Thunder adjustable pushrods in my Evo, they have well over a 100,000 miles on them and have outlasted a couple of lifter sets. Never had any issues with them, and i got a smokin deal on them years ago when i purchased them

bobrk1

Local  shop can  get  any kind  but  likes screaming  eagle , got  them in mine.