What size is fairing cig lighter opening? Looking for compatible USB outlet

Started by dmdrider03, February 11, 2020, 02:44:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmdrider03

Anyone know what size the inner fairing hole is for the cigarette lighter. Nothing coming up on a search.
Some say they have enlarged there oem fairing hole to accommodate a USB port. Seems to be various sizes available online e.g. marine and mc application.
Would prefer a "plug and play" as opposed to modifying my painted inner fairing. (2003 FLHTCUI)
Thanks in advance.

(I already various interfaces for my battery tender plug and other)

rigidthumper

Instructions have you use a 7/8" hole saw to install the housing for the power point, so maybe this would be easier?
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

dmdrider03

Thanks. I saw that in the instructions for the power point installation on a side cover.
Still doesn't confirm the existing hole size in the inner fairings. I haven't taken my fairing apart yet and was going to place an order for an outlet. I was asking for someone that would have knowledge about the fitment after doing a similar upgrade.

Coyote

road-dawgs1

'24 FLTRX Sharkskin blue

Coyote

The problem with those USB ports is that connection doesn't hold up well to the bike environment (vibration etc). If it's something to be mounted on the bars, I prefer an power cord like this one.

dmdrider03

Thanks, I'll use that .89 measurement in my search till I get my fairing off.

Coyote

bump

Quote from: rigidthumper on February 12, 2020, 07:51:55 AM
Instructions have you use a 7/8" hole saw to install the housing for the power point, so maybe this would be easier?

That is what I use to charge my phone when on trips. $2 at Dollar General did 4700 miles without a problem.