April 16, 2024, 06:59:26 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Herko Block

Started by Deye76, February 14, 2020, 05:24:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deye76

Guys who use Herko blocks to tune, anyone have the plugs/rivets leak, causing decel popping?
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

remington007

I use the Technoresearch set up, if the nut-serts are properly installed and block off screws and seal washers installed tight i have never had a leak. Now removing the seal screws after years of use is another story.

rigidthumper

If you have a loose/leaking unit, replacement 3/8-16 SS Rivnuts are $9.99 for a 10 pack on Amazon.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Coyote

If they the rivnuts weren't installed right they can come loose. I've replaced a few.. just drill them out and pop in a new one but you'll need a tool to install them.

Deye76

All good info, many thanks.

Coyote

If you just need a couple of new rivnuts, I can send you a couple. Just PM me an address if that helps.

Deye76

February 16, 2020, 08:34:38 AM #6 Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 11:44:26 AM by Deye76
Very generous Coyote.  :up: If I can determine they are leaking I will take you up on the offer. Not sure how to test them for leaks, thinking soap water will evaporate to fast.  Many Thanks.

kd

Carbon tracking (collected with a paper towel) would be a dead giveaway so I suspect that isn't occurring.  How about smoke?  You can check the gaskets at the head at the same time.
KD