March 28, 2024, 12:31:46 PM

News:

Dealer applied coatings

Started by SE Road King, February 16, 2020, 05:28:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SE Road King

Looking for facts, please.
In '17 with more money than energy, I took everything the dealer offered. Including their "wiz-bang" dealer applied coating. Regretless for a while, now I can't get my chrome to clean up with Mother's Chrome Polish. I had used S100 and Mothers for what seems like decades and was very happy.
What's the deal with that coating?
Cedar Creek Lake, Texas
Rock Stock 2017 FLHR, Vivid Black

phillyfan

Do you know what coating they used? I detail vehicles as a side gig and have many many coatings over the years. Most dealers are not using a "True" ceramic coating on the paint. One of the dealers around me offers a coating from Simoniz, nothing more then a sealant.

Coatings must be abraded off with a polish to fully remove. If your chrome was coated with a ceramic coating properly, there is no need to use a polish to shine it up, just soap and water to clean it.

Was it cloudy looking before you tried the chrome polish? If not you might have broke down the coating some with the polish
'09RG. S&S 106, Drago2, CR 575.
Too much $$ into audio

SE Road King

You are correct. With two other new bikes, maybe I lost my will to work. Fetching a new bottle of Mothers and with a bit of energy, I got satisfaction. The only thing that I can say about the dealer coating was that he said that I would no longer need the S-100 or the Mothers. Clearly not my best decision. My Bad.
Cedar Creek Lake, Texas
Rock Stock 2017 FLHR, Vivid Black