April 18, 2024, 05:05:32 AM

News:

Boarzilla to loud , need change !!!!

Started by 53bulldog, February 23, 2020, 05:10:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pwmorris

Yup,
Boarzillas make power, but are so damn loud they make my Guppy seem mild.
Been saying it for a decade, as guys try to "make big power", but don't really understand the cost-in local neighborhood noise complaints, LEO, rider discomfort (like the OP), etc.
Years ago, I went back in forth with an "internet expert" here, who said he tours with a Boarzilla......but when pressed, admitted "he avoided local small towns"-really? What the hell kind of touring bike is that?
Anyway, as you and many others have found out, long term, this pipe is simply not worth the hassle in our new world.....on a regular, daily driven basis.
Good luck.

speedzter

Something must be wrong with my 120/Boarzilla setup on my Dyna, I really don't find it that loud ??

rigidthumper

Huge difference in reflected sound between a Street Glide fairing and what you are running.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

kd

.... or your ears are already shot out.  Hmmmmm, maybe you need more compression.  :wink:
KD

Ohio HD

I have a Zilla on my 124" and a Fatcat on my 96" bike, neither are super loud unless you twist your wrist a lot. I've never been stopped for noise, stopped for other things, but never noise.         :speaker:

speedzter

Quote from: kd on March 08, 2020, 09:09:16 AM
Hmmmmm, maybe you need more compression.  :wink:

:agree:   But the poor old thing struggles to start as is, Carb', around 200 ccp, Larry's heads at 92cc .

boooby1744

RB Racing Blackhole with optional baffle wrapping. Only available in Ceramic coatings

Hillside Motorcycle

Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"

scott7d

Quote from: speedzter on March 08, 2020, 12:28:58 AM
Something must be wrong with my 120/Boarzilla setup on my Dyna, I really don't find it that loud ??

Same here. I have a Zilla on my 124" with the wrapped baffles. I tour 25,000-30,000 miles a year on it without ringing ears. I can also coast into my condo late during the week working second shift, and don't feel like I'm really much of a disturbance. I'd consider my exhaust one of the quieter units amongst my friends.
Scott Matlock - Bloomington, IN
Iron Butt Rider #72408 - Facebook: The Hoosier Cruiser