April 19, 2024, 11:19:43 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Power Vision maps?

Started by Finn, February 23, 2020, 09:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Finn

It looks like I'm getting a Power Vision for my bike.

How "good" are the maps you can download from Dynojet? With "good" I mean how good are those as a starting point for further tuning in dyno or auto tuning?
-83 GS1000G | -84 GSX1100EF | -97 FLHR | -98 FLSTS | -16 Triumph Tiger Explorer XRT 1200

Buglet

It depends how close the have a map to your combo. Or you can Email your specs to them and they will send you a map. 99% of the time they have it close for a starter map.

Finn

Thanks, that would indeed help a lot.
-83 GS1000G | -84 GSX1100EF | -97 FLHR | -98 FLSTS | -16 Triumph Tiger Explorer XRT 1200

chas

Do they have a guide to tweaking the map you get from them with the spark and fuel adjustments

Chippitt68

If possible,Buy it from fuelmoto. Not sure what the shipping would be? The map I got was really good. You can log some 20 minute rides and send the files to them. They can make adjustments based on logs. Their customer service is great!

codyshop

Their canned map had everything I had done to the bike except for the specific slip-ons.   DJ e-mailed me a map that was so close, my preferred dyno guy dialed it in in less than an hour.

2018 SGS
Stock 107
S&S 475 cam
Arlen Ness Big Sucker
Vance & Hines Power Duals header
Vance & Hines Hi Output slip-ons
109 HP / 118 Tq.

The canned map had the V&H Eliminator slip-ons with everything else being identical.

aharp

Make sure to pay attention to all the tables once you get the map open. I've found a few that are not labeled correctly.
Speed costs money. How fast do you want to spend?