May 02, 2024, 04:37:10 PM

News:

Compensator Eliminator

Started by Toprat, April 19, 2020, 05:16:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toprat

Hey guys, new to the Forum but have been riding for years. I have an 09 SG and I am looking for a little more stoplight to stoplight get up. Already have BB, heads, cams, she's making 111hp/115tq. Curious about your opinions on eliminating the SE compensator and doing a 30 or 32 tooth sprocket instead. Any Pros and Cons?

April 19, 2020, 06:33:37 PM #1 Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 07:14:38 PM by 838
Darkhorse makes 32t compensators.

On an 09 you will also need the Updated rotor for the SE compensator if you want to run a game changer or a 32t Darkhorse.

BJB

I added a Gamechanger (A 32 tooth compensator sprocket no long available TTBMN) a couple of years ago to my '13 FLTRU. Bike has Cams (Andrews 57H) Intake & exhaust system.
I think that the best thing I've done is the 32 tooth sprocket.
It is only a matter of time before the compensator goes on my '09 Dyna (123/120) & I'll be likely going with Darkhorse's new Man O War compensator at that time.

Hossamania

Do a search here, a lot of threads discussing this very issue, including a new semi solid (my description) compensator from Darkhorse that 838 references.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

ThumperDeuce

I would want to beef up the wheelset before I ran without a compensator.
Idiots are fun, no wonder every village wants one.

choseneasy

On the 09's could the rotor be modified to save buying a new rotor?
Put on a lathe and and the cup parted off? I could be out to lunch on this.....

Toprat

Quote from: 838 on April 19, 2020, 06:33:37 PM

On an 09 you will also need the Updated rotor for the SE compensator if you want to run a game changer or a 32t Darkhorse.
I'm already running a SE compensator. So I assume the rotor has been updated. Was looking to see if there's any advantage to an eliminator.

scott7d

I ran an Evo Industries solid sprocket on my Road King. This was mainly to not have to replace the compensator anymore. I went with whatever the stock tooth count is, 32 I believe?

It definitely made the lower end more noisy but I didn't notice any kind of performance gain from the weight reduction. If anything was gained, it was minimal. The company claimed 6 pounds lighter than the stock unit which I would believe after holding both setups, it's definitely lighter.

Bike made 142hp/140tq before the change but didn't get a dyno pull in after replacing.

Scott Matlock - Bloomington, IN
Iron Butt Rider #72408 - Facebook: The Hoosier Cruiser

FLDavetrain

Quote from: Toprat on April 21, 2020, 01:30:36 PM
Quote from: 838 on April 19, 2020, 06:33:37 PM

I'm already running a SE compensator. So I assume the rotor has been updated. Was looking to see if there's any advantage to an eliminator.

Advantage is shifts smoother and taps into neutral like butter.
currently 510ci on tap