Tts table colours what they mean?

Started by Sam77, February 27, 2020, 10:17:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam77

Hi all very new here have tried searching for the info I'm chasing with no luck. I've recently purchased a 2012 fxdwg and it came with tts. I fitted a set of v&h big radius 2-2 and screaming eagle heavy breather. I ran the Cam estimator found a tune similar ( heavy breather stock Cam supertrap) closest I could find. Loaded that tune bike runs great heaps more power. Started collecting data about two hours worth over a few days downloaded it and followed all the help topics and tuning for dummies. Can see my ve tables have changed bike feels to be improving slightly smoother. But I'm not sure when to stop vtune wants me to keep adding more data would like to understand why where is it missing data what do the colours represent in the ve tables. They are different than the lamba colours and I think also different from the graph.

rigidthumper

Colors are relative to the data- the smallest numbers on the page are purple, the next largest are dark blue, followed by light blue, then dark green, light green, yellow, orange, & the largest numbers on the VE table are red. Simply a quick visual representation of the values. Smaller numbers represent less fuel needed to hit correct AFR, larger numbers represent more fuel needed to hit correct AFR.
Standard calibration process is flash map, recording data, running those data logs through Vtune, accepting changes and flashing the new map into the bike, and recording more data with the new map, and running that through VTune, until the changes are less than 2-3%. Usually done within 3-4 sessions.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Sam77

March 04, 2020, 08:14:08 PM #2 Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 08:32:41 PM by Sam77
Thanks for the support rigidthumper, I have followed the Standard calibration process: selected initial tune that best met my mods. Ran the cam tuner. Carried out a flight record around town below half throttle. Downloaded it run it through vtune3 and saved file and flashed bike (as per TTS for Dummies) then re-did this process (except cam tune) several times.
Here is where I'm struggling every time I enter the latest tune and upload the latest FR into Vtune3 I keep getting the box "needs more tuning data"
You said I need to continue until the changes are less than 3%. I carried out the above process around 8 times but I keep seeing huge variations each time I do it?  what is the easiest way to compare the changes I have just been uploading the last two tunes and comparing I know you can compare to the original but I haven't figured out how to compare with previous 
Any tips on how to ride to get a good set of data I've tried to hit hills, ride up a gear, ride normal, ride at 100%, full throttle, rev limiter, labour, all in as many throttle positions as I can. Still cant get a good set of data.

rigidthumper

After running the current map and data through Vtune, I open a new window with the freshly made map. Now I have two windows open with MT2- one has the file I collected data with , the other is the new file Vtune just gave me. I compare them, to see where it made changes, and where I didn't get good data, to see where my riding style needs adjusted- maybe hold a speed/rpm for a few more seconds, or lower/higher gear. Marking the throttle with a removable label helps hit certain areas. Once I have an idea what I need to do, I close the original MT2, so I don't flash the old map in. (Early on, I chased my tail, not realizing MT does not automatically open the new map after saving)

Sam77

OK I ran the played the data through v tune and watched the ve histogram I now understand where I am missing data. I got lots of good data through the centre and a little in the top left corner. After reading a bit more. I'm going to play it back because Im starting to think the ve readings in those cells might be too far out and preventing me from getting good data.
I did try smoothing and it certainly felt better but still did not let me get anymore data in the areas missing.
Should I set the accell enrichment and decel enrichment tables to zero I have read conflicting info.
What about injector pulse width should I set this to a set number?
I will also try your suggestions for riding style.

rigidthumper

Pulse width ( how many milliseconds the injector is open/spraying fuel) is a math function that the ECM performs after processing all inputs, using the VE, AFR, & timing tables, and feedback if closed loop. As long as it's below 90% for the majority of the time, injector size/displacement setting is OK.