May 04, 2024, 06:37:45 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

security system light coming on

Started by DarrellV, October 18, 2020, 03:46:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarrellV

On my 2014Limited...going down the road sometimes the red "round" light comes on...Electrical System Lamp..for a few seconds then goes back off. No handle bar change or nothing "new" has been added. It doesn't always do it, just every now and then.

Curious if the battery in my fob getting weak...OR if anyone else has had this problem  :soda: 

Hossamania

I know on my older bike the security light would come on with a bad bulb. Is it possible you have an intermittent bulb, or one that's out?
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

rigidthumper

Could be a BCM code, from a burned out bulb somewhere.   
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

DarrellV

I thought the same thing at first...thinking I had a bad bulb, But they are all good ..or at lest they all burn. I replaced my fob battery not really sure if it's the problem or not yet. I was Curious if others have had issues with their light coming on then going off etc. 

Helmwurst

Change FOB battery yearly first. My 17 security system, seems like it takes a few seconds to disarm itself during startup routine. If I rush it the security light will come on right after the engine fires up. Does not affect the bike , but the light stays on and it bugs me because when you glance down and see a red light, you never know if there is an issues with the ABS, oil pressure or other warning.

IronButt70

Quote from: DarrellV on October 18, 2020, 03:46:19 PM
On my 2014Limited...going down the road sometimes the red "round" light comes on...Electrical System Lamp..for a few seconds then goes back off. No handle bar change or nothing "new" has been added. It doesn't always do it, just every now and then.

Curious if the battery in my fob getting weak...OR if anyone else has had this problem  :soda:
Does your bike have the alarm siren? My 17 FLSTC doesn't but the harness plug for the siren had come loose from the dummy plug and was full trash. Cleaned it and plugged it back in and no more problem.
No one else put you on the road you're on. It's your own asphalt.

Pirsch Fire Wagon

Review the Diagnostic Trouble Code stored.
Tom