April 19, 2024, 03:39:45 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Tuner for '01 Softail

Started by Hossamania, March 02, 2020, 05:53:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hossamania

A friend has a Power Commander, he is interested in other options for tuning. Will a Power Vision or another tuner work with the early Delphi system?
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

Coyote

Quote from: Hossamania on March 02, 2020, 05:53:29 AM
Will a Power Vision or another tuner work with the early Delphi system?

Yes

Hossamania

Lone Ranger

Quote from: Coyote on March 02, 2020, 07:11:33 AM

Yes

I have the Power Vision on my 2002 Fatboy, I just can't run Auto Tune program. I think it's 07 and newer that are able to run Auto Tune. Something to do with sensors in exhaust, lack of them.

Coyote

Quote from: Lone Ranger on March 02, 2020, 07:35:24 AM
Quote from: Coyote on March 02, 2020, 07:11:33 AM

Yes

I have the Power Vision on my 2002 Fatboy, I just can't run Auto Tune program. I think it's 07 and newer that are able to run Auto Tune. Something to do with sensors in exhaust, lack of them.

2001 isn't capable of closed loop so there is no auto-tuning. But he didn't ask about that.

Buglet

Just get the WB auto kit and then you can tune it.

Hossamania

I'm not tuning it, nor is he, we leave that to the pros, we have some very good shops around here.
It has a Power Commander on it now, the tune is pretty good, but he feels it could be better. He chases horsepower. Mostly because he still hasn't been able to beat me on the top end, a whole side story to all of this.

Buglet

Well if he has a Pro tune the PC I do see him gaining much more with a PV on top end.

Hossamania

I agree, he's running a pretty maxed out 95" right now, he asked what can he do to go faster, I said a choice of nitrous, turbo, blower, or more cubes, tear it down, new crank, 103" to 124". He said no, just wanted the 95", I told him he's at the limit now. Also told him the Softail motor with the balancer isn't necessarily the best choice to build high horsepower.
He's also chasing horsepower on an '18 Ultra 114", trying to keep the 7 year extended warranty. His hands are completely tied on that one, which frustrates him, stage 2, poor Harley tune in my opinion. I walked away from him on both of his bikes with my 95", and that just sent him over the edge. Damn that was fun!

kd

Hoss. Is the tuner you are hoping to use Jason?  I actually spoke with him after our last little chat.  I can fill you in a bit on his new set-up if you like.  AFAIK, he generally likes TTS.  I don't know about the PV but he's a phone call away.
KD