Impact of temp on VE tables in auto tune mode

Started by Ronbo2, March 04, 2020, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronbo2

How large of an impact does the engine temp have on the VE tables when running a PV basic auto tune session?  My normal engine temp (non tune mode) runs around 300 to 310, my head temp runs around 340 to 360, and the IAT runs around 105-115  (65 degree day).   

And.. if temp does have a significant impact on VE tables why wouldn't I want to 'calibrate' them at the temp that my engine runs at versus a lower temp like 280 that my engine never runs at?   

2017 M8 freewheeler (22X cam, heavy breather and CFR slip-ons, additional add on oil cooler, tank lift, DK wings, FM map).

rigidthumper

When you do the auto tune runs to dial in the map to your installed components, you do so using all ambient conditions & temps, under normal riding conditions- the system will automatically dismiss any data from below or above normal operating range, and use the valid data acquired during the session. The system is smart enough to know what affect temp has on mix, and uses those taken temp readings as part of the math involved.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Ronbo2

Thanks for the input.  Thinking more about it, it must have temp in the calculation since it's collecting data over a 100+ degree operating range.  Makes you appreciate all that is going on under the tank!

Thanks again,
Ron