April 25, 2024, 07:41:19 PM

News:

Rockout insert install

Started by 838, March 23, 2020, 07:35:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I installed these today but have not put them on the bike yet. The bolts are very snug now against the inserts and don't slide through the holes easily. Is there a different way to torque these down, or do I use the procedure from the service manual?

Thanks

Rockout Rocker Products

Quote from: 838 on March 23, 2020, 07:35:06 PM
I installed these today but have not put them on the bike yet. The bolts are very snug now against the inserts and don't slide through the holes easily. Is there a different way to torque these down, or do I use the procedure from the service manual?

Thanks

The inserts being tight on the bolts is normal, shows they're working  :up:

The slight resistance will have no effect on torque, just tighten as usual.

I'm always just an email or PM away if you need help.

John @ Rockout
www.rockout.biz Stop the top end TAPPING!!

Skin

I will add one thing, the notch in the shaft and the bolt hole in the rocker block must be PERFECTLY lined up or you use the extra insert that comes in the package. I put these in every top end, cam job or anytime the rocker covers come off for any reason. John makes a good product to fix a bad engineering design.

CndUltra88

I dont think it is a bad design, just an engineered bug to drive guys crazy to come up with a better product .
:)
Rob
Infantryman Terry Street
End of Tour April,4,2008 Panjwayi district Afghanistan

Rockout Rocker Products

Quote from: Skin on March 27, 2020, 03:14:01 AMI will add one thing, the notch in the shaft and the bolt hole in the rocker block must be PERFECTLY lined up or you use the extra insert that comes in the package. I put these in every top end, cam job or anytime the rocker covers come off for any reason. John makes a good product to fix a bad engineering design.

:beer: :beer:

Here's a quick tip...

Assemble everything & line up the shaft using the bolt. Take a sharpie & draw a line across the end of the shaft and the support. This way when you remove the bolt you have a visual to see if anything moved before pressing the insert in.   :up:

They went in and torqued down fine 👍

Rockout Rocker Products

les

Quote from: 838 on March 27, 2020, 07:58:25 AM
They went in and torqued down fine 👍

They come out easy too for re-usability.  I just take an appropriately sized punch, put the rocker plate on a block of wood, angle the punch in the hole, and gently tap out.  They come out in perfect condition.  To re-install, I just turn the insert away from it's slightly worn spot and tap it back in.