April 30, 2024, 10:20:38 AM

News:

autotune seem right?

Started by DYankee, March 20, 2020, 04:37:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DYankee

I put in a 120 CID engine and got a canned map from Dynojet for it. Did a couple of auto tune sessions with the power vision. The first time I exported the learned values it asked if I wanted to cap the changes or scale the engine size because the learned values were so high. I let it scale the CID (Scaled it up to 129CID) but when I looked at the original map and the new autotuned map, the VE's were way higher on the autotuned one even after scaling up to 129.

Any thoughts on why it would be adding so much to the VE tables? I thought at first maybe it was an intake leak, but both cylinders auto tuned pretty much the same amount and it seems unlikely they would both have intake leaks.

there is a little decel popping, but it's not real loud.

I'm not sure if I should start over with the original map and auto tune again or just keep auto tuning from where I'm at.

I've attached the two tunes.
Double Dark 13 Ultra Limited
11 Wide Glide

Coyote

Those two files are not even based on the same original base map. One is not an auto-tuned version of the other

DYankee

I don't see why you say that. When I load the two files into WinPV, the only triangle (difference between the two files) is in the airflow. The autotune file has the CID as 129 and the original has it at 120.
Tune info, Environmental, Fuel, Gear, Limits & switches and Spark are identical on the files.

Please tell me how you can tell they aren't the same base file.
11 Wide Glide

rbabos

It's a glitch in the tuning system. Scaling happens if any 127 cells are in the cal even if in decel areas you can't possibly hit while riding. Change them to 120 and start over or it will never stop asking to scale. If you choose to not remove the 127 cells, maybe go with one scale but from then on just select cap. It's only when you actually see 127 cells in the normal operating areas, some form of action is needed.
Ron

rigidthumper

I'd make another data run with the autotuned map in the ECM, and see how it reacts. Sometimes you need to do 3 or 4 sessions before it stabilizes.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Coyote

Sorry, I had another PVT in that folder.

Do what rigid says. It looks like a lot of cells did not get hit.

DYankee

Thanks for the reassurance all.
I used the autotune map and autotuned again. I got a lot more cells this time. Went for about 40 miles and it filled in most of the cells. I'll give the new map a try tomorrow.

I appreciate those on this forum that have so much experience and are willing to take the time to share it.
11 Wide Glide