May 03, 2024, 02:38:23 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Comparison of TR590 to TR660

Started by 838, March 11, 2020, 08:28:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don D

The CR595 has a feature you may be feeling because of the wide LSA, lower aggregate torque, intake close 46 exhaust open 57. The TR590 with a high ratio intake rocker is a good bet on a replacement that you will feel. If you want the maximum grunt and you have good motor health, verified by leak test, run a Woods 9b at 11.3:1. It will be a bomb. With all the talk in the other thread about carry over I would be looking at blowby first before any cam swap.

Quote from: HD Street Performance on April 11, 2020, 07:08:02 PM
The CR595 has a feature you may be feeling because of the wide LSA, lower aggregate torque, intake close 46 exhaust open 57. The TR590 with a high ratio intake rocker is a good bet on a replacement that you will feel. If you want the maximum grunt and you have good motor health, verified by leak test, run a Woods 9b at 11.3:1. It will be a bomb. With all the talk in the other thread about carry over I would be looking at blowby first before any cam swap.

Since re-routing the breather system my bike with the CR595 is running fantastic! No more heat issues or detonation whatsoever. This thread was more for knowledge and info I was curious about for other builds. Though reverse engineering my 117 does put it at close to 11.2:1... if I do ever get the itch for that 9b   :chop:

Don D

There is a guy that posts here that used Wes's CR650 in a 117 and made 150hp on his dyno so no knock on the brand but higher aggregate torque is what you feel, the fun factor, despite higher horsepower wining a drag race at the strip. Another cam that you could look at is the CR630i. I would like to verify valve to valve clearance before any changes to your current setup. The cams we mentioned have considerably higher TDC lifts. The OEM head with large valves gets close.

mike jesse

First page of the dyno section has a 124 build with the 590 cam and Don's heads.

Turned out very nice if I do say so myself.

No Cents

Quote from: HD Street Performance on April 12, 2020, 07:40:17 AM
There is a guy that posts here that used Wes's CR650 in a 117 and made 150hp on his dyno so no knock on the brand but higher aggregate torque is what you feel, the fun factor, despite higher horsepower wining a drag race at the strip. Another cam that you could look at is the CR630i. I would like to verify valve to valve clearance before any changes to your current setup. The cams we mentioned have considerably higher TDC lifts. The OEM head with large valves gets close.

:up:   :up:
a lot of fun factor comes with that cam.
I've ran the CR650 also.
08 FLHX my grocery getter, 124ci, wfolarry 110" heads, Burns pipe, 158/152 sae

shindig

838 - I have a very similar build to yours.  Don at HD Street Performance designed the whole build for me.  I'm doing a 117 with his pro street heads and KB pistons.  I went with the TMAN 590 PS2 set at 10.8.  I'll keep you posted how it all comes out.  Can't wait!

FLDavetrain

I understand the comment but if this is in reference to the 117 w cr595s....I haven't seen a 117 sheet with aggregate torque that good in a long while.
currently 510ci on tap

Quote from: FLDavetrain on April 13, 2020, 02:58:41 PM

I understand the comment but if this is in reference to the 117 w cr595s....I haven't seen a 117 sheet with aggregate torque that good in a long while.

This is the build Don was speaking of. Though it's not at all a part of the original question I asked. I think Don was under the impression I was going to swap cams (I'm not changing anything about this build). I like the combo of parts we used on this bike a lot.

https://harleytechtalk.com/htt/index.php/topic,108862.msg1296724.html#msg1296724

FLDavetrain

Quote from: 838 on April 13, 2020, 03:22:32 PM
Quote from: FLDavetrain on April 13, 2020, 02:58:41 PM

This is the build Don was speaking of. Though it's not at all a part of the original question I asked. I think Don was under the impression I was going to swap cams (I'm not changing anything about this build). I like the combo of parts we used on this bike a lot.

https://harleytechtalk.com/htt/index.php/topic,108862.msg1296724.html#msg1296724

Ya that's the one. Can't get much better under curve tq than that. Don't touch that one
currently 510ci on tap