March 28, 2024, 10:06:54 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

harley spacers

Started by bobo, March 13, 2020, 04:11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobo

hello where would one look to find the dimensions of different spacers HD used through out the shovel years
such as 90908-58, 50668-35 and so on they used these all over and the book just says spacer and the part number
really need thickness and o.d. as for i.d. well it fits over the bolt or stud.
thank you one and all
24FH 33Chief 59Pan 2005FLHTC 2007 1200 sporty

JW113

2004 FLHRS   1977 FLH Shovelhead  1992 FLSTC
1945 Indian Chief   1978 XL Bobber

bobo

no no these are like 5/16 i.d. and 3/8 id you can see them behind rear master cylinder and spot light bars and such

FSG

you really have to dig for some of the info   :SM:

90908-58   OD .811", ID 5/16", Thick  .250" , typically Saddlebag and Exhaust Spacers

Obsolete Price Books often have the Dimension for parts in them

bobo

thank you, will keep looking this is a basket and as you know all the small pieces have fallen out of the baskets , milk crates, cardboard boxes and so on.

billbuilds

Looks like they're Tedd Cycle item available thru J&P and I'm sure others.   https://www.jpcycles.com/product/2400695/v-twin-manufacturing-master-cylinder-spacer

Burnout

If the sizes are given, you can then make them.
Or spend your disposable income in the Ace Hardware Chrome Section.
They don't call me Ironhead Rick just because I'm "hard headed"

billbuilds

Or... maybe he'd just a soon find them in the mix.

These are what you're looking for.

bobo

yes if I had the size I could make them on the lathe I cannot name them all but people that have taken a shovel apart know you find spacers and thick washers all over. I will keep looking, not into buying every little piece for this thing
Its the little stuff that drives the price of these bikes through the roof :chop: 

billbuilds

I haven't taken as many Shovels apart as some on this site but I've taken several more than one apart. I use the bag and tag method. You have a lathe? That's great, I do not. Can't agree with your statement on the "little stuff".  It cost me almost $70 just for to/from freight and insurance for the last set of heads I sent out for refurbishing.  What's a line bore of the cases cost you? No, it's the machine work that drves the cost of these Shovels thru the roof. I try not to sweat the little stuff. Good luck with your build and be sure to post some photos.   

One4Tone

..I have used rubber grommets before. As long as it's not near heat. For example mufflers to frame run a bolt trough a clutch spring between muffler and support bracket. worked well. Fat bob tanks famous for breaking tabs due to vibration work well with rubber grommets. That way no need to over tighten either and use washers on either side.

Hossamania

Rubber grommets do require service though, they age and crack, sometimes pretty quickly, so frequent inspections should be done. Not a deal breaker, just one more piece of maintenance.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take away everything you have.