April 25, 2024, 01:20:27 AM

News:

Regarding previous threads about fobs...

Started by Hossamania, March 18, 2020, 07:07:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hossamania

Thank you to those that mentioned keeping the spare fob on the bike with a battery installed backwards in case one forgets to bring his main fob.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

Coyote

Ohio HD

I use the code if I go out to get the bike and forget it.                       :chop:     vrroommmm!     

HogMike

Quote from: Ohio HD on March 18, 2020, 07:13:11 PM
I use the code if I go out to get the bike and forget it.                       :chop:     vrroommmm!     

Me too
Sometimes I'm too lazy to walk back up to the house to get the fob
:emoGroan:
HOGMIKE
SoCal

thumpr54

it'd take me a bit to input the security code since I don't do it on a regular basis.....I could figure it out....just way more convenient, for me, to flip the battery over in the spare fob if I don't get the main battery changed in time...that reminds me...I have new batteries for my fobs that I should change soon....  :wink:
growing old is mandatory-growing up is optional
355 AMS(TAC)DMAFB 73-76 VFW6774

Coyote

I know my PIN code and I have spare batteries in the glove box.  If you leave a working FOB on the bike, then someone else can use it too.

boooby1744

i used to tape a spare battery to the bottom of my seat.

Ohio HD

Quote from: HOGMIKE on March 18, 2020, 08:24:35 PM
Quote from: Ohio HD on March 18, 2020, 07:13:11 PM

Me too
Sometimes I'm too lazy to walk back up to the house to get the fob
:emoGroan:

Well, yeah, guilty here too...     :embarrassed:

Tireman

How does one obtain this code? I bought my Tri glide used? Other than trying to contact the previous owner.
1984 FLHS 80" 57/61  2009 SG Mega Flo 124"152/154
2011 TG Mega Flo 117" 116/127

Breeze

Quote from: Tireman on March 19, 2020, 03:37:29 AM
How does one obtain this code? I bought my Tri glide used? Other than trying to contact the previous owner.

There are wallet cards in the back of the owners manual, and it's also in the text of the o.manual. If you don't have a manual, do a search on this forum.
I'm starting to believe my body is gonna outlast my mind.

Hossamania

I also bought my bike used, no manual, no code. I will reset it this week.

chaos901

FWIW, I found that comment a few years ago about putting the battery in backwards handy too.  When we travel, my extra fob is in my wife's purse. 
"There are only two truly infinite things, the universe and stupidity." AE

thumpr54

I remember the code....it's the procedure that I don't do often enuf and is fuzzy in my mind....I'm pretty sure I have it stored in my phone....if I could find it when needed....or given a bit of time I'm pretty sure I could figure it out and get running again.....just might take a bit of time....
growing old is mandatory-growing up is optional
355 AMS(TAC)DMAFB 73-76 VFW6774

kd

Quote from: thumpr54 on March 19, 2020, 07:14:05 AM
I remember the code....it's the procedure that I don't do often enuf and is fuzzy in my mind....I'm pretty sure I have it stored in my phone....if I could find it when needed....or given a bit of time I'm pretty sure I could figure it out and get running again.....just might take a bit of time....

In the mean time your motorcycle is screaming "I'm being stolen" from all the test runs.  :crook:
KD

PoorUB

I just buy new batteries every year and put them in the tour pack and put the old ones from the tour pack into the fobs.

As long as you replace them every spring you probably don't need to carry spare batteries. I have bailed out a couple riders that their FOB battery died and tossed them my spare.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

fbn ent

Quote from: Hossamania on March 19, 2020, 04:48:17 AM
I also bought my bike used, no manual, no code. I will reset it this week.

Hoss....The wife's bike was also used and had no code supplied when we bought it. I called the dealer and they could tell me where it was sold. I called the selling Dealer and they had the code on file.....easy peasy!
'02 FLTRI - 103" / '84 FLH - 88"<br />Hinton, Alberta

Hossamania

But, do you need the code to change the code? I have to read up on it, but I thought as long as you have the fob, turn the ignition on, and just go through the process to change the code.

Coyote

Quote from: Hossamania on March 19, 2020, 10:24:21 AM
But, do you need the code to change the code? I have to read up on it, but I thought as long as you have the fob, turn the ignition on, and just go through the process to change the code.

No, you just need the bike disarmed by having the FOB near.

Coff 06

On my 06 the code is the last 4 digits of the vin # from the factory.You might start there,I don't think most people bother changing it.         Coff 06
06 FX Springer, 98",11/1,9B+4*,HPI 55/58 /5.3inj,HDSP Pro Street heads,123/118

jmorton10

Hardly anybody ever changes the code.

I forget what the default code is now (might be 0000) but some years back when I owned a biker bar my partner (he was an H.A. member) used to jump on any bike that was parked out front/enter the code & ride off with it just breaking balls.

He only did it to dudes that where friends of ours, but he would come back after a short ride laughing his ass off with the owner trying to figure out how he did it LOL.

~John

HC 124", Dragula, Pingel air shift W/Dyna Shift Minder & onboard compressor, NOS

cheech

Modern tech huh.  :idunno: Last year on my 15, decent spring evening, thought oh man get the bike out for the first time. Hadn't fooled with the code since I had it. Go out to garage, main fob dead, get spare, dead also.  :turd: Well I buy the batteries in bulk now.
Chuckled too, I still have 2001 Road King since Oct. 2000. It has factory security, although the fob isn't needed to start unless the security is set and it has the button. Hit the button on that, all good, same battery for the last 19 years.

Coyote

Quote from: Coff 06 on March 19, 2020, 10:41:08 AM
On my 06 the code is the last 4 digits of the vin # from the factory.You might start there,I don't think most people bother changing it.         Coff 06

Your dealer did that code. The factory default is 31313

Changing the PIN

1 Select a 5digit (1 thru 9) PIN and record on the wallet card from Owner's Manual.
2 With an assigned fob present, turn ignition key ON - OFF - ON - OFF - ON
3 Press left turn signal switch 3 times.
4 Press right turn signal switch 1 time and release. Turn signals will flash 3 times. Current PIN will appear in odometer. The first digit will be flashing.
5 Enter first digit (a) of new PIN by pressing left turn signal switch a times.
6 Press right turn signal switch 1 time and release. The new digit (a) will replace the current in odometer window.
7 Enter second digit (b) of new PIN by pressing left turn signal switch b times.
8 Press right turn signal switch 1 time and release. The new digit (b) will replace the current in odometer window.
9 Enter third digit (c) of new PIN by pressing left turn signal switch c times.
10 Press right turn switch 1 time and release. The new digit (c) will replace the current in odometer window.
11 Enter fourth digit (d) of new PIN by pressing left turn signal switch d times.
12 Press right turn switch 1 time and release. The new digit (d) will replace the current in odometer window.
13 Enter fifth digit (e) of new PIN by pressing left turn signal switch e times.
14 Press right turn switch 1 time and release. The new digit (e) will replace the current in odometer window.
15 Before the module rearms, turn the ignition key to OFF. The odometer will return to mileage.
Turning the ignition key to OFF stores the new PIN in the module

cheech

March 19, 2020, 11:02:54 AM #22 Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 11:13:27 AM by cheech
Quote from: jmorton10 on March 19, 2020, 10:51:46 AM
Hardly anybody ever changes the code.

I forget what the default code is now (might be 0000)

~John
All 1's was my default. Code has to be 1-9. No zeros as the turn signal button has to be pressed at least once to enter the digit.

Hossamania

Quote from: Coyote on March 19, 2020, 10:36:29 AM
Quote from: Hossamania on March 19, 2020, 10:24:21 AM

No, you just need the bike disarmed by having the FOB near.

That's what I was trying to say, clumsily.

tomcat64

It's my understanding that there is no "factory" setting for the PIN#, the bikes come in with system non operational, our techs "turn it on" and set the PIN#, our other store does not "arm" the system during set-up for the bikes on the floor, if the customer want the system enables they then set it up. Personally I had mine zero'd out,, AKA, turned off ..