April 18, 2024, 10:28:42 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

anyone do a 131 kit on a 114 m8

Started by moose, March 21, 2020, 01:20:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moose

anyone do a factory 131 kit on a 2020 M8. If so how do you like it ?  any thing to watch for and anyone know the time the factory or dealer allows to do the conversion
Moose aka Glenn-

Cvosjoe

Quote from: moose on March 21, 2020, 01:20:16 PM
anyone do a factory 131 kit on a 2020 M8. If so how do you like it ?  any thing to watch for and anyone know the time the factory or dealer allows to do the conversion

Had my 2020 Road Glide Special updated with the 131ci kit. I used the Ventilator Extreme and SE Street Cannons. All EPA compliant with full warranty. Dyno'd at 124hp 138tq. Very pleased with the way it runs and the power.

If you're not concerned about warranty the 131ci kit has very good potential.

I've seen posts where the labor hours charged anywhere from 12 to 20 hours.

moose

still wanting to know what the hours are to do the 131 kit on a 2020 M8 Ultra Limited
Moose aka Glenn-

Mopower

The shop that tuned my bike said it's usually 14 hrs to install an M8 big bore kit. I did my own install.

PoorUB

14 hours seems a bit much. I know I can do a Twin Cam in roughly half of that.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

Buglet

Is this for R and I the complete motor or is it remove the motor, disassembly clean check all parts reassembly and install motor. Clean the oil pan and get it up and running.     

cheech

Quote from: Buglet on March 25, 2020, 09:50:09 AM
  Is this for R and I the complete motor or is it remove the motor, disassembly clean check all parts reassembly and install motor. Clean the oil pan and get it up and running.   
Just the usual in chassis topend on the 114's. Cylinders, pistons, heads, TB, cam, pipe.

Hillside Motorcycle

Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"

les

Quote from: Hillside Motorcycle on March 26, 2020, 04:46:28 AM
About 9 hrs or so.

That's hustling.  Impressive.  I'm too old to work that hard.  I'm pretty sure I'd starve to death if I had to do this for a living.  I'm very unimpressed with myself as a slog around the garage like a turtle.