Help needed with squish / quench and maching question

Started by Adam76, March 24, 2020, 08:28:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burnout

Linky?
This one?

https://www.bassanipipes.com/roadrage2into1b4systemwithmegaphonemuffler.aspx

It doesn't have the length a Long Primary TH has, it's that length I attribute to the low RPM torque.
The Bassani looks like it would be better than a Pro Pipe.
Not enough better to warrant the expense if you already have a Pro Pipe.

I've never been impressed with short pipes
They don't call me Ironhead Rick just because I'm "hard headed"

wfolarry

The ideal combustion chamber size depends on the compression you want to match the cam you're going to run. If you're trying to increase compression by just milling the heads you'll have to take a lot more off than if you went with pistons that are designed to increase compression.
I do business with a shop in Western Australia. Maybe they can help you.

kd

KD

Adam76

Quote from: wfolarry on March 26, 2020, 06:50:26 PM
The ideal combustion chamber size depends on the compression you want to match the cam you're going to run. If you're trying to increase compression by just milling the heads you'll have to take a lot more off than if you went with pistons that are designed to increase compression.
I do business with a shop in Western Australia. Maybe they can help you.
Thanks Larry, that's awesome. I'll pm you. Cheers for all your help.

Adam76

Quote from: Burnout on March 26, 2020, 06:47:35 PM
Linky?
This one?

https://www.bassanipipes.com/roadrage2into1b4systemwithmegaphonemuffler.aspx

It doesn't have the length a Long Primary TH has, it's that length I attribute to the low RPM torque.
The Bassani looks like it would be better than a Pro Pipe.
Not enough better to warrant the expense if you already have a Pro Pipe.

I've never been impressed with short pipes

No, like this.

Burnout

Adam76

March 28, 2020, 05:17:17 PM #31 Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 05:43:23 PM by Adam76
This one doesn't look too bad.   :up:

Cheers

Burnout

That was an original shovelhead 2:1 pipe that had the fat sausage (low restriction) muffler.
Someone had beat up the muffler and there were some scuffs on it so it wasn't good for a resto.
I had to rework it to fit the trike frame and the tall motor.
I put a megaphone on it with a steep reversed cone at the outlet to tone it down.

This is the one I favor over a ProPipe

Adam76

I found a thunder header (I think) in the post above which actually looks pretty good.

thumper 823

Quote from: Adam76 on March 25, 2020, 04:11:08 AM
Quote from: thumper 823 on March 25, 2020, 03:25:08 AM
The correct is answer above -
If you look at my thread on here you will find a LOT of information (with pix).
Usually, the bottom of the cylinders need to be turned dwn to get heads closer to the piston (for standard chambers)
I am at 0.026
IMO which I believe is correct - There is no reason to mod standard HD cylinders and pistons.
It is a waste as you are still using standard aluminum cylinders and standard combustion chambers with poopy 8.5 CR.
You will never notice any difference.

Thanks thumper,  that's good to know about not needing to really change the oem cylinders and pistons. But I couldn't find your thread?
If I'm leaving the standard pistons and cylinders what other mods do you suggest for an 80" build, at what compression and all that stuff.
Thanks again. 👍

Look here

https://harleytechtalk.com/htt/index.php/topic,110851.msg1325327.html#msg1325327
D Troop 3/5, - C/16 ,162AHC, Mekong delta.
Rising from the Ashes  UHIH