April 17, 2024, 10:37:34 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Exhaust options/choices for new HD M8 SE 131 Stage IV Kits?

Started by coolhanddeuce, March 25, 2020, 02:24:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coolhanddeuce

Just wondering what the talk is for Exhaust options for the new Harley SE 131 BB Kits? The recommendation is (if u want to keep under factory warranty/ESP) is the new HD SE Street Cannons, but looking for options on what others are using with their M8 131 (or other big bore) builds?

I currently have a 2013 Street Glide with 120R with D&D Boarzilla and am loving the D&D. Previously had a 2012 SE Street Glide with Fullsac setup.

Am looking at buying a leftover 2019 Road Glide Special and am considering the 131 SE Stage IV Kit and am looking at alternatives to the HD SE Street Cannons.
What are folks using for exhaust? recommending? ESP/Warranty coverage is not a real concern...

Thanks

98fxstc

Have a look at GMR's facebook page
He is building and tuning a few 128's and 131's.

scotman623

I have a 128 SS big bore kit with stage 2 headwork done.. SS 550 cam.. I'm running the DD 2-1 Billet cat with 2.5 big bore baffle with Great results..Lots of great options out there for big builds..
Always look forward...

FLSTFIDave

The D&D Billet Cat exhaust has very good results.  It is a very popular choice.  Very nice aggressive sound.

I had very good results with the Fullsac MX head pipe and 2.25 cores with the tech mat and screens.  Good Sound, not as loud.

Check some of the dyno runs on here to get an idea.
2023 CVO Road Glide Whiskey Neat
2021 Pan America Special, Gray,  2003 Fatboy

Hillside Motorcycle

Quote from: coolhanddeuce on March 25, 2020, 02:24:39 PM
Just wondering what the talk is for Exhaust options for the new Harley SE 131 BB Kits? The recommendation is (if u want to keep under factory warranty/ESP) is the new HD SE Street Cannons, but looking for options on what others are using with their M8 131 (or other big bore) builds?

I currently have a 2013 Street Glide with 120R with D&D Boarzilla and am loving the D&D. Previously had a 2012 SE Street Glide with Fullsac setup.

Am looking at buying a leftover 2019 Road Glide Special and am considering the 131 SE Stage IV Kit and am looking at alternatives to the HD SE Street Cannons.
What are folks using for exhaust? recommending? ESP/Warranty coverage is not a real concern...

Thanks

We see consistant powerful results from the D&D exhaust systems, that we carry in stock.
M8 Billet Cat equipped 124" recently ran 153 hp, 151 ft/lbs of flat-line torque.
One of our 131"s with a Borezilla on our dyno currently, as an example
Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"

coolhanddeuce

Thanks everyone for the info.
Will do some more digging around on GMRs Facebook and I am a big fan of D&D (love my Boarzilla) but was initially confused by the lack of D&D M8 Pipe options - compared to the TC offerings. Will investigate the D&D Billet Cat with BB Baffle. Appreciate the info.

coolhanddeuce

We see consistant powerful results from the D&D exhaust systems, that we carry in stock.
M8 Billet Cat equipped 124" recently ran 153 hp, 151 ft/lbs of flat-line torque.
One of our 131"s with a Borezilla on our dyno currently, as an example
[/quote]

Follow up question, on the D&D Site for the Billet Cat, it states "The baffle is an all metal perforated 2 1/2 core ( aka big bore baffle) and will be really loud" - can you offer up an opinion on "loudness" on the Billet Cat with BB Baffle vs the Boarzilla pipes - I have the Wrapped baffle. Appreciate it.