Jagg fan assisted oil cooler on an 09 Street Glide wrong connector.

Started by 838, March 24, 2020, 05:27:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Finished this install today but they sent me a 6 pin deutsch connector, my bike has a 4 pin for the diagnostics port. I can get a 4 pin from my local hd tomorrow, but I don't know which hole on the 4 pin connector to insert the wire that will come from the oil cooler... 6 pin location is pictured below. Any help would be great. Thanks!

PoorUB

'09 has a 6 pin diagnostic port. You have the wrong connector.

Look at your instructions again. You use the diagnostic port on CANBUS bikes only, touring 2014 and up. You rob power off the brake switch.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

Scotty

You 09 Street Glide does indeed only have a 4 port diagnostic port

However the Jagg instructions as pointed out by PoorUB tell you to connect it to the rear brake light switch on the hot side.

The Duestch connector is for CANBus bikes and it's all quite clear in the instructions which if you don't have you can download from below.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0852/0608/files/751-FP2400_instructions.pdf?12334141400264731405

PoorUB

Hmmm, ok, I  guess the '09 has a 4 pin diagnostic  connector. I would have bet it had six pins and found info to back it up! Looked elsewhere this morning and 6 pin came out with CANBUS.

Anyway the rest of the info is correct.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

Yes, 4 pin. I got confused in the instructions when it referred to "late model" twin cams using the diagnostics; I was thinking about the changes made to touring bikes  in 09 as "late model"  :/... anyways, easy fix. Thanks guys!

Scotty

Quote from: PoorUB on March 25, 2020, 04:37:32 AM
Hmmm, ok, I  guess the '09 has a 4 pin diagnostic  connector. I would have bet it had six pins and found info to back it up! Looked elsewhere this morning and 6 pin came out with CANBUS.

Anyway the rest of the info is correct.

You would have lost that bet big time.............. :hyst: