April 19, 2024, 07:41:55 AM

News:

Slip ons

Started by Bladesmith, April 10, 2020, 07:37:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bladesmith

I know this has been asked many times so please bear with me.. :emoGroan:..I want to add Slip ons on my 103" FlS keeping everything else stock .. Do I need to retune ?? My son just asked me the same thing about his '09 Dyna...Thanks.
If my thought dreams could be seen they'd  put my head in a guillotine.. Dylan

Hossamania

It would be the smart thing to do. A flash at minimum.
But, many don't, the bike runs just fine, and no ill effects long term, as far as they know.
Has the air filter been changed to high flow? Then it will really make a difference.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

Bladesmith

Hey Hoss, How you doin' ..I'm keeping the A/C stock, basically want black slip-ons for cosmetic reasons.

PoorUB

Quote from: Hossamania on April 10, 2020, 07:45:39 AM
But, many don't, the bike runs just fine, and no ill effects long term, as far as they know.
Has the air filter been changed to high flow? Then it will really make a difference.

:agree:

Probably more people change pipes and no tune that change pipes and get a tune. Best would be a real dyno tune as you might lose some HP/torque without. On the other hand, you might not notice any difference, but it will be louder so it has to be faster too, correct?
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

Hossamania

Quote from: Bladesmith on April 10, 2020, 08:11:00 AM
Hey Hoss, How you doin' ..I'm keeping the A/C stock, basically want black slip-ons for cosmetic reasons.

I'm staying safe, thanks for asking!
Put the slip-ons on and see how it runs.
I've heard many times that just changing one thing, AC or exhaust (unless drag pipes) won't make a big difference, but changing both will.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

Bladesmith

Quote from: PoorUB on April 10, 2020, 08:23:57 AM
Quote from: Hossamania on April 10, 2020, 07:45:39 AM

:agree:

Probably more people change pipes and no tune that change pipes and get a tune. Best would be a real dyno tune as you might lose some HP/torque without. On the other hand, you might not notice any difference, but it will be louder so it has to be faster too, correct?

I thought it was chrome the made it faster :doh: