April 25, 2024, 12:21:13 AM

News:

Seat for 2002 FLH

Started by choseneasy, March 28, 2020, 03:52:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

choseneasy

I want to put a better looking stock seat on my bike when I take the tour pack off. I have a Corbin right now.
Any recommends ?
Thanks.

Coyote

Take a look at THESE  I have one of their seats and it's really nice. Well built.

Breeze

I have a Street Glide seat I use when the tour pack is off. It is narrower in the back. It also has a shorter nose, so I use a HD trim piece on the tank to fill in the space.
I'm starting to believe my body is gonna outlast my mind.

smoserx1

I believe I had three stock pillow look seats on my 99 FLHT and all of them started coming apart at the seams (literally) within a year or so.  I ended up with a sundowner and it has actually lasted 15 years or more.  It has finally developed a tear in the vinyl at the seam at the bucket back which I have repaired with electrical tape for now.  I didn't think the seat was very comfortable when new but finally got used to it.  It doesn't match the look of my tour pack backrest (which is also pillow look) but I don't care.  Corbin and Mustang both have good reputations.  Some dealers have demo seats you can try out.

kd

The Road King Classic seat is mid way between the full puffy decker seat and the slim hard on a passenger Street Glide seat.  It actually doesn't look so bad either. 
KD

choseneasy

Thanks all- I am pointed in the right direction to research.

kd

KD