April 30, 2024, 05:54:11 AM

News:

SE Pro Street Tuner Question

Started by remington007, April 03, 2020, 12:39:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

remington007

Looking at the tunes supplied with the Street Tuner, The M8 Touring main fuel air table is showing closed loop on the entire table. Even with the 131 builds. The stock map on these bikes as well as the low level tunes are open loop in the normal areas.
Can a M8 with a 131 stand to run closed loop at WOT? 
Attached is a screen shot of a stock 117 FLTRXSE and a SESPT for a 131 same bike 

rigidthumper

Contact the factory- looks like someone grabbed the wrong tables
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

rbabos

Quote from: rigidthumper on April 03, 2020, 03:23:52 PM
Contact the factory- looks like someone grabbed the wrong tables
How nice of them? You had every reason to question that.
Ron

rigidthumper

At least they were consistant- all the 128/131 maps have the same Lambda request tables. There's no emission testing for open loop areas, and the M8s don't seem to make best power much leaner than 12.5, so I think they simply screwed up.
What are the odds? :)

hulkss

I don't think it's as lean as it looks per se. Check the Power Enrichment. I bet it kicks in real early after a few seconds of delay.

rigidthumper

So the question is "how do they determine when the clock starts? @ WOT? Map >80KPA? Time to learn...
That table is adjustable from 800 to 900 (11.74 AFR to 13.2)

remington007

April 06, 2020, 07:02:20 AM #6 Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 07:07:06 AM by remington007
Until i can download one of these maps with PV, there is no way to tell what the PE settings are in a Street Tuner. Has anyone pulled one of there maps?
Thing is 100 KPA at say 2000 to 2500 RPM can be reached with as little as 60% throttle. So PE engage RPM and TP would have to be quite low. 

Jamie Long

Quote from: remington007 on April 03, 2020, 12:39:11 PM
Looking at the tunes supplied with the Street Tuner, The M8 Touring main fuel air table is showing closed loop on the entire table. Even with the 131 builds. The stock map on these bikes as well as the low level tunes are open loop in the normal areas.
Can a M8 with a 131 stand to run closed loop at WOT? 
Attached is a screen shot of a stock 117 FLTRXSE and a SESPT for a 131 same bike

These tables are indeed correct; the entire Lambda table is closed loop however it uses the Acc Enrichment tables which are open loop at higher loads when a richer AF command is necessary. This is completely normal among many current IC engine platforms and we are going to see a lot more of it in the H-D world now with Euro 5 standards upon us.

rigidthumper

Quote from: remington007 on April 06, 2020, 07:02:20 AM
Until i can download one of these maps with PV, there is no way to tell what the PE settings are in a Street Tuner. Has anyone pulled one of there maps?
Thing is 100 KPA at say 2000 to 2500 RPM can be reached with as little as 60% throttle. So PE engage RPM and TP would have to be quite low. 
Open A41000848 map, and look at Lambda Performance Enrichment table-

remington007

Thanks Jamie, New emission standards that would explain it.