May 09, 2024, 12:56:42 AM

News:

o2 conversion question

Started by nc-renegade, May 24, 2009, 11:08:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flhtci2006

Herko,
I do agree with you.  I guess my only point in the reply was that typically, you expect the tecnician at the dealer to have a better understanding of the item than you.  They have been to some sort of motorcycle training and hd training, where I haven't.  I am not use to these connectors.  I have been in aerospace for 37 years and we use a different style, typically.
I do have the books/manuals.  Hell, I even researched Delphi's connector web page.  Let's just say that when the dealer couldn't do it, I felt a bit relieved in that it wasn't "ole stupid me".  Had they have done it in 5 minutes, I woulda questioned myself a bit more.
I hope loading the map and tuning isn't gonna be a hassle.  After all, you would think putting 4 sockets in a connector wouldn't be!
Oh, magnifyers and lighting.  Yes, this is a big issue with me as my eye sight sucks and it's getting where to do anything, I need high noon sunlight (which in Phoenix right now makes the outside temp over 100, sweat in the eyes, fried brain, etc. etc.

nc-renegade

I used the AMP/Tyco crimper and mine crimped on as the photos that Ram attached show.  I had no issues with the crimp or connector assembly.  When you do the Packard connector, it is as Steve mentioned...this is a very easy connector to deal with.

Hope you get it all straighten out.

Once you load in the MT7 file, you can view the O2 data through the Datamaster program by selecting the Generic o2 data setup.  The Vtune recording monitoring screen shows the AFR go/no go as well.
107ci, 11:1,T-Man Stage 3 Heads, T-Man TR-662 cam, HPI 51mm TB, Feuling plate/SP

Ram

Quote from: flhtci2006 on June 30, 2009, 08:26:31 AM
Herko,
I do agree with you.  I guess my only point in the reply was that typically, you expect the tecnician at the dealer to have a better understanding of the item than you.  They have been to some sort of motorcycle training and hd training, where I haven't.  I am not use to these connectors.  I have been in aerospace for 37 years and we use a different style, typically.
I do have the books/manuals.  Hell, I even researched Delphi's connector web page.  Let's just say that when the dealer couldn't do it, I felt a bit relieved in that it wasn't "ole stupid me".  Had they have done it in 5 minutes, I woulda questioned myself a bit more.
I hope loading the map and tuning isn't gonna be a hassle.  After all, you would think putting 4 sockets in a connector wouldn't be!
Oh, magnifyers and lighting.  Yes, this is a big issue with me as my eye sight sucks and it's getting where to do anything, I need high noon sunlight (which in Phoenix right now makes the outside temp over 100, sweat in the eyes, fried brain, etc. etc.

I'm sure that its very possiable that what ever the part you have recieved could be a wrong one.  It would be interesting to see a couple close up shots of that connector if you could picture it and either post or I can send you my e-mail in a PM and post it for you.
'06 FLHRI Road King, ULTRA dress, o2's, TTS tune, LSR 2-1 Black Holes quiet pipe

flhtci2006

Ram,
I have a digital camera but as life goes, the battery won't recharge.  Of course, everytime something is made, they have to design a new battery.  Now I have a camera that is only 2 years old and I can't find anyone that has the battery.  I'll have to order one online.  Send me your e-mail and I'll send the picture I drew of the parts.

Anyway, talked to the dealer today and it is done.  I'm not gonna question the issue with them since they did it under the table and spent so much time.

Lastly, I do appreciate yours and the others replies and help.  Thank you all.  I hope I don't have more issues/questions but, most likely I will.  Just trying to be optimistically realistic.

FLTRI

Quote from: flhtci2006 on June 30, 2009, 10:27:16 AM
Ram,
I have a digital camera but as life goes, the battery won't recharge.  Of course, everytime something is made, they have to design a new battery.  Now I have a camera that is only 2 years old and I can't find anyone that has the battery.  I'll have to order one online. 
Check these guys out:
http://www.batteriesplus.com/manufacturer/51-0/Digital-Camera-Batteries.aspx
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open

wolf_59

I know this is an old thread but I wanted to give a big THANKS out to all that contributed Ram, NC, Herko, Steve Cole and all the others, The information and pictures (especially the pictures ) in this thread was a huge help to me on successfully converting my 04 Fatboy over to closed loop, Got 1 Vtune run in yesterday ( easier than it sounds in the instructions ) once I get this tuned I'll do the conversion on the 06 Ultra
Thanks for sharing this information