April 25, 2024, 05:33:43 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Oxygen sensor crush washers

Started by billbuilds, April 04, 2020, 12:17:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billbuilds

I'm swapping pipes out on my 2011 FLHRC and wondered if you guys see a need in replacing the crush washers on the oxygen sensors? This is at least the third set of pipes they'll be going in with around 60K on them. If so how do you get the old ones off? Thanks, Bill
Anybody who tries to tell you that the press is the enemy of the people is just that.

rigidthumper

I've used the same set of sensors (widebands) on dozens of sets of pipes- just use a good, O2 safe anti seize, and you should be fine.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

billbuilds

Cool, Thanks for the speedy reply. Bill
Anybody who tries to tell you that the press is the enemy of the people is just that.

jamminhd2000

Quote from: rigidthumper on April 04, 2020, 01:32:16 PM
I've used the same set of sensors (widebands) on dozens of sets of pipes- just use a good, O2 safe anti seize, and you should be fine.

Rigid ,
What would a good safe anti seize be....I was under assumption just use enough for the threads and do not get on sensor....what color is a safe one? Thanks...jimmy

Don D

Safe refers to catalytic convertor safe. Is this an issue? Are the sensors before or after the cat. Is there a cat? Use the cooper based stuff and you will be fine.

rigidthumper

Some  anti seize can/will degrade the O2 sensors, so I look for those marked "O2 safe".
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?