April 18, 2024, 03:05:42 PM

News:

Barnett Scorpian Spring Recommendation

Started by jamminhd2000, April 04, 2020, 04:27:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamminhd2000

Getting ready to build an M8 that will probably produce about 130-140 hp and torque. Bike is a 2020 Softlail Lowrider S. (Cable Clutch). Going to install a barnett scorpion clutch & basket. Anybody have a recommendation for springs to use or combination of springs to use. Clutch came with Gold, Red & Green Springs. Seeking help from people that have experience with this clutch. Thanks!!!! Jimmy

Ohio HD

I ran all Gold in my 117" TC motor, a 2008 SG. Never did slip. Lever pull was easy enough. When I put my 124" in the bike, I put all green springs in before it went to dyno tune, I think the torque was 138. It's never slipped on the dyno or road. I plan to go to three gold and three green, I think it'll hold fine and lessen the lever pull a little. Below is the spring pressure based on color and when mixed.

[attach=0]

jamminhd2000

Excellent info and just what I was looking for Ohio. I think I will run the 3 gold and 3 Green Combo and if it slips on the dyno then it will be easy enough to change out the golds with some greens...Thank you! Interested to hear others chime in with there experiences as well.

Jimmy

Ohio HD

This is the clutch sheet from Jim. It looks like the clutch just blipped for a second when he hit the throttle for the final pull.

[attach=0,msg1340686]