May 01, 2024, 09:04:14 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Quiet 2 into 1 exhaust

Started by genzer, April 11, 2020, 09:03:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

genzer

Looking for a fairly quiet/ mellow good performing 2 into 1 exhaust for a TC

genzer

Hossamania

Everybody recommends SuperTrapp when performance and quiet is the goal. I've not had one, so no personal experience with them.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

jmorton10

I used the supertrapp on an old 95" high compression with all the goodies (reworked heads/gear drive cams etc etc etc)

It ran great & was not real loud.

~John
HC 124", Dragula, Pingel air shift W/Dyna Shift Minder & onboard compressor, NOS

FXDBI

Very Happy with my fuel moto E-Pipe. Bob

kd

IMO SuperTrapp and E-pipe are both good choices.  Reasonably quiet with performance benefits.
KD

scotman623

Definitely NOT the DD billet cat!!! I love mine, but it's very loud.... I would check out Supertrap for a mellower pipe... Or the FM E pipe is also decent..
Always look forward...

sharkoilfield

I've got an RB Racing Black Hole with a 4" vortex cone and a turnout.  We tour; long days on the road are more tiring with load exhaust. The RB (as expected) did very well on the dyno [attach=0]

hattitude

I had a Bassani Road Rage 2-1 w/quiet baffle on my 2003 Heritage... It's deeper, but barely louder than OEM in my opinion...

I recently replaced/sold it, because it was just too quiet for me....  I replaced it with a Rinehart 2-1 which while it isn't loud, has a beefier, deeper tone...

The guy I sold the Road Rage to, wanted the Road Rage with a quiet baffle for back pressure/tuning reasons...  I told him I didn't know which baffle I had. When he received it, he checked, and told me it in fact had the quiet baffle... probably why I thought it too quiet...

FWIW...

boooby1744

Quote from: sharkoilfield on April 11, 2020, 12:06:06 PM
I've got an RB Racing Black Hole with a 4" vortex cone and a turnout.  We tour; long days on the road are more tiring with load exhaust. The RB (as expected) did very well on the dyno [attach=0,msg1341947]
The ceramic coated pipes can be had with packing in the muffler to cut down on the decibels.

wolf_59

SuperTrapp or E series with closed end cap  :up:

Bladesmith

I have the Supertrapp on a 95" Deluxe..It's a pain figuring out how many spacers to use..If you get one be sure to use a Lot of anti seize on the screws.
If my thought dreams could be seen they'd  put my head in a guillotine.. Dylan

genzer

Key word, Fairly quiet! right now I'm running a Rinehart headpipe with all things,..the zombie pipes.

PBSTN

I have the oem 2/1 headpipe that came on my 2010 road glide. I cut the cat out but never ran it after. Have the stock muffler also. Not sure how it would sound though.
2010 flhr. 2003 FLHRSEI2. 1986 SUZUKI GS1150E.