May 02, 2024, 12:33:47 AM

News:

r&r time top end twincam

Started by tc1550, April 09, 2020, 11:46:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tc1550

my buddys is having a fm 110 outlawkit installed at local shop with 50mm tb kit comes with heads cams etc .I was thinking possible 10hrs total how many is he looking a real time ?

jmorton10

Are they going to dyno it too ??

~John
HC 124", Dragula, Pingel air shift W/Dyna Shift Minder & onboard compressor, NOS

PoorUB

Which model Harley? It makes a difference.  Wet head will add some time. Bagger with lowers adds time. Ten hours seems a bit long to me, 7-8 hours tops, IMO.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

tc1550

2009 fatbob tune dyn going elsewhere

FXDBI

Quote from: tc1550 on April 09, 2020, 11:46:25 AM
my buddys is having a fm 110 outlawkit installed at local shop with 50mm tb kit comes with heads cams etc .I was thinking possible 10hrs total how many is he looking a real time ?

:scratch:  That's going to depend what kind of job he wants done.  Just change the parts out or does he want it all properly checked out and assembled with any possible adjustments done ie: zero deck, crank shaft run out, new cam bearings, how much time spent cleaning the jugs and the list goes on. Do you want the job done cheap or done right.  Dealer has a flat rate and we all know what you get there.  Bob

And I will add do you want clearance checks done and recorded? It all takes time.

RTMike

moose

same time for a 131 upgrade to a 2020 Ultra limited ?
Moose aka Glenn-

Hillside Motorcycle

Or a 131" T/C.
Finishing the 3rd of 4 currently.
Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"

Buglet

It all depends if the shop just does motor work, has a clean room and work in a clean environment, or open shop with other stuff going around him, and also if check all the spec, double cleans ever thing or it just and R&I shop that work on flat rate. Also if the shop is a in and out shop. I seen vendors at rallies set up doing cams and top ends right out side. Not for me.   

JW113

Never had a shop do anything on my bikes, so can't help you there.  And I don't measure wrench time in hours.

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

-JW
2004 FLHRS   1977 FLH Shovelhead  1992 FLSTC
1945 Indian Chief   1978 XL Bobber