April 20, 2024, 06:35:29 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Clutch Bearing

Started by Barrett, April 05, 2020, 02:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrett

08 fxdf pn 37906-90 $79.99@ronnies and about $43.00@JP I don't mind paying more if it's better quality. What's the go to bearing for this application?

Ohio HD

Barrett

Thank you.  I thought I was done buying parts. This is one that slipped by.

smoserx1

When I had to replace my clutch hub a couple of years ago I was able to separate the hub and basket by hand.  I would have reused the bearing except I had already purchased a new one at the time I ordered the hub.  When you remove the hub by pressing or tapping it puts force on the inner section cross loading the bearing just like working on cam plates and trap doors does.  That is why the recommendation  to replace it, but some discretion could be used if the shell hub separate easily as in my case.  Later on I found numerous bearings with price ranges all over the place as this is a common size bearing.  Some are sealed and I don't know if you would want that in an oil splashed environment like inside the primary.  I guess you could remove the seal if you wanted.  Anyway, you be the judge but if your clutch came apart as easy as mine I would considering saving some money (but I think on the thrifty side).

Barrett

Mine needs to be pressed out. I have a new basket and new Bandit. I can't see reusing the bearing. I found one for $30.