April 23, 2024, 11:59:12 PM

News:

installing saddlebagrails linkage

Started by waltcentral, April 06, 2020, 06:25:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

waltcentral

I received the improved shift linkage and just one question for any that have installed.  I am removing the lock nut from the shift lever shaft and it contacts the back of the inner primary before it is fully off.  Is it normal to have to remove the inner primary to spin this nut off?
  I believe the inner primary was changed because ir is wrinkle black.  1983 4-speed FLH

a_disalvo

I was able to take that nut off w/o removing the inner primary, but my inner is a Cal Tec. H.D. may be different. If you only need a little more clearence, a dremel might be the answer. Frank

kink04fxd

I just installed mine a couple weeks ago. The inner primary has to come off to remove that one bolt. Starter, clutch, compensator, all that good stuff. Works great. Well worth it.
2000 FLHTCI (now carb)<br />1982 FLH

waltcentral

So kink04fxd,
Did you have to remove the battery box and oil tank to access the starter bolts?
Starter seems good, may swap out clutch friction  discs and steels. No compensator has belt primary and belt drive rear.

kink04fxd

I didn't have to remove the oil tank. The battery box comes off easy enough. Kinda time consuming but like I said, it's a good mod.
2000 FLHTCI (now carb)<br />1982 FLH