April 18, 2024, 06:32:51 PM

News:

Any Thundermax gurus?

Started by codyshop, April 07, 2020, 10:53:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

codyshop

Still no luck.   Great fuel pressure (58psi steady) and the ECM is communicating with my laptop with no issues.     Does anyone know if Thunderheart closed down due to the virus?   Calls and emails are going unanswered for a week now, and that's not like them.

cheech

I got a general question email I sent yesterday back this morning. Wasn't a tune or ECM issue question though.
Bummer on no luck.
Have you tried to do a firmware update on the Tmax while connected to the bike?
Have you "read" what map is in the module?
See if it's a file name that is in the map listings in the software, open that up then write that to the Tmax?
Just throwing basics out there.

Admiral Akbar

Try to read out the map and save it.  IIRC the tmax will complain if you don't have the base map loaded but will provide enough info to which map is the base map.  Save that map.  While at it, set in monitor mode and look at the TPS line in the map while rolling the throttle on and off slowly. Make sure line moves smoothly.

Look at the map tables to see if anything looks like it is missing. If OK, use the copy tables to copy all the tables. Load a new base map and paste the copied tables into it  Save the new base map and program that into the Tmax.

Still don't know if this is a Gen II or Gen III or if it's FBW or BFC.   What year and model is the bike? Mileage? 

Check the injector wires.

codyshop

Got it, gents.   Battery ground cable was broken INSIDE the insulation between the two lugs.

Hossamania

That will make you chase a bunch of false leads, good find.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

cheech

Quote from: codyshop on April 23, 2020, 09:08:27 PM
Got it, gents.   Battery ground cable was broken INSIDE the insulation between the two lugs.
:up: Ugh those type issues are for sure hair pulling.

fbn ent

Quote from: codyshop on April 23, 2020, 09:08:27 PM

:emoGroan: ....... I hate those!   :up: :beer:
'02 FLTRI - 103" / '84 FLH - 88"<br />Hinton, Alberta