April 24, 2024, 01:30:41 PM

News:

Road Glide Air Duct Doors

Started by crowgo, April 07, 2020, 08:50:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crowgo

Just picked up a new 2020 Road Glide Limited (FLTRK) and I know that earlier models had doors in the fairing air ducts that could be closed. Seems that HD found something else besides key fobs and saddlebag/tourpack removable luggage that they could remove while raising the price on the bike.  Does anyone have any idea as to whether or not anything is available.  THX
20FLTRK,15FLHTKL,05FXSTSI,02FLHTCUI
12000MI 37000MI  76000 MI   184000MI

road-dawgs1

Look at a parts fiche for a 2019. The parts are available. There are folks that have already installed the vent doors on a 2020.
'24 FLTRX Sharkskin blue

dmrdn

Quote from: crowgo on April 07, 2020, 08:50:12 PM
Just picked up a new 2020 Road Glide Limited (FLTRK) and I know that earlier models had doors in the fairing air ducts that could be closed. Seems that HD found something else besides key fobs and saddlebag/tourpack removable luggage that they could remove while raising the price on the bike.  Does anyone have any idea as to whether or not anything is available.  THX

One of the main reasons Harley took them out is there were a lot of issues with them breaking and of course that meant Harley had to eat more $$$ because of warranty claims etc.  I put the Custom Dynamics Screens with the light in mine and then bought some magnetic nat material and cut it to fit the outside of the screens whenI needed to block the wind.  Another option for the Screens is make your own or do a search for Motorcycle Vent Screens to buy some

calif phil

I have them on my RG and never close them.   I guess I would in a downpour. 

PoorUB

Quote from: calif phil on April 08, 2020, 12:54:15 PM
I have them on my RG and never close them.   I guess I would in a downpour.

Yeah, but you live in the tropics!
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

Pirsch Fire Wagon

Because every shop on the Planet was repairing or replacing under warranty - Thank God!
Tom

Helmwurst

Quote from: dmrdn on April 08, 2020, 10:33:19 AM

One of the main reasons Harley took them out is there were a lot of issues with them breaking and of course that meant Harley had to eat more $$$ because of warranty claims etc.  I put the Custom Dynamics Screens with the light in mine and then bought some magnetic nat material and cut it to fit the outside of the screens whenI needed to block the wind.  Another option for the Screens is make your own or do a search for Motorcycle Vent Screens to buy some
I made my own out of gutter screens from Home Depot. Probably spent $6 or 8  on them. They keep the big bugs out at least.

Helmwurst

I made my own out of gutter screens from Home Depot. Probably spent $6 or 8  on them. They keep the big bugs out at least.