Vin error message after loading tune

Started by Gar1414, April 09, 2020, 04:44:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gar1414

Hi guys, my brother is having an issue w his bike was hoping somebody has some insight

18 FXBB: Ran into something I've never seen before and was wondering if you guys could help. When I was loading a tune onto my ECM from the power vision, I selected the tune, followed the procedure on the screen, but when I turned my bike back on, I received a VIN error message on my speedo and it has the following BCM codes: (some clear, some don't, but when I cycle power they all come back) B2141, B2146, B2151, B2156, B2206 (Can not clear), U0100 (can not clear). It seems like it has to do with battery power to the ECM and/or the BCM is not talking to the ECM, but I'm getting 13 volts at the connector and and it has a good ground wire. Bike was working fine before I tried to load a different tune. if someone has run into this I'd really appreciate any insight you might have.

Codes B2141, B2146, B2151, B2156, are for all 4 blinker outputs showing open.- all blinkers work

B2206 is for run stop sw shorted or open. -switch turns the ignition on

Final code is the scary one u0100 no comm to ecm. Power vision cannot connect to ecm.

Tune was loaded correctly it's possible voltage was low as He was doing compression test after a 124 build and the acrs did not work so he tried reflashimg the tune and now this.

thank you!

rigidthumper

Possible you loaded a map not made for that model?
Put the original tune back in, and see if the issues go away.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Gar1414

Thanks for the reply. He tried that last night. The power vision acts like it cannot connect to ecm. I was thinking issue w can wiring but the Speedo seems to talk fine w the bcm. U cannot even ck the ecm dtc it says no resp. Usually w a can system if it's bad it's bad everywhere.