News:

EV27 ok at 9.9 static compression?

Started by Adam76, April 09, 2020, 05:52:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jsachs1

Console and seat it's ready for the road test. [attach=0] 

Adam76

Quote from: nmainehunter on May 08, 2020, 08:26:49 AM
Got to this way late, good stuff. I think all the good work depends on the way it's going to be run. I put a 46 in my FX Springer with Wiseco 10-1 and springs and Cometec .030 gaskets. It doesn't suit my riding style, I'm putting the 27 back in. It's not that the 46 didn't run, just the opposite, I just spent a lot of time outside of it's sweet spot as in it and I feel the 27 is better suited. They both run great at 85 , it's just how they get there.
Are you keeping the 10.1 pistons on there when you go back to the 27?  Do you know what your corrected compression and ccp will be?

Adam76

Quote from: jsachs1 on May 08, 2020, 02:31:57 PM
Console and seat it's ready for the road test. [attach=0,msg1346007]
👌 looking forward to your feedback John.

nmainehunter

Adam I'm keeping the pistons. Honestly I don't try to wring it out. I checked my squish and it was under .030 which is OK and for how I ride it performs well. I tweek my carb and run a quality clutch. I love to go and be happy with 80 on the highway and it does it easily. I did do something different with my exhaust that I have never seen done. I like 2-1 pipes, I think they run better but the set that I bought had me fighting a decell pop that drove me crazy. I ended up modifying the muffler by putting a fixture so I could run Supertrapp discs. It works great. I think the pipes that I bought were better suited to fuel injected engines and dyno tuned machines.