Anyone else tune Bassani DNT mufflers?

Started by aharp, April 14, 2020, 04:15:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aharp

Had a 107 M8, S&S 475 on the drum last night trying to finish it up. Beat my head against the wall trying to get part throttle tuned under 2500. There are mufflers out there that are near impossible to tune (CFR's come to mind). Made some WOT passes and could not believe how soft it was down low. Massive dip in torque. Anyone else see this with these mufflers?
Speed costs money. How fast do you want to spend?

jtalbot406

Yes. Those mufflers suck and need inserts. I used inserts in them before. You're not going to tune it out. Fuel moto released some tunable inserts that might work in the DNTs.

aharp

Quote from: jtalbot406 on April 14, 2020, 04:33:44 AM
Yes. Those mufflers suck and need inserts. I used inserts in them before. You're not going to tune it out. Fuel moto released some tunable inserts that might work in the DNTs.

Ok thanks. My first experience with them. Been out of the tuning game for a few years til recently :D

jtalbot406

Same here. My buddy and I own a dyno for our personal stuff and track bikes but have been doing more Harley stuff over the past year. I always get the "Potty mouth" with stupid mufflers or some sort of issue  the big name tuner around here didn't want to work on. I'm really liking these m8s though.

Nastytls

Not a tuner, but I had that exact setup on my bike. I loved the sound, but the bottom end was terrible. Ended up replacing them.

aharp

Quote from: Nastytls on May 09, 2020, 04:57:28 PM
Not a tuner, but I had that exact setup on my bike. I loved the sound, but the bottom end was terrible. Ended up replacing them.
Managed to get customer into a 2-1 Road Rage. Picked up 28 ft/lbs down low  :smileo:

Jamie Long

Quote from: aharp on May 10, 2020, 02:41:44 AM
Quote from: Nastytls on May 09, 2020, 04:57:28 PM
Managed to get customer into a 2-1 Road Rage. Picked up 28 ft/lbs down low  :smileo:

Well done, alot of riders dont want to believe this. The exhuast system can/will make or break the entire combination. We're done tuning bikes with big, excessively open exhausts, we make them either change the pipes or take the bike elsewhere

Hossamania

When I took mine in to have a build done, the builder asked if I was going to keep the drag pipes. I said no, I'll go with what you recommend. He said "Oh tkank god!"
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.