April 24, 2024, 09:20:50 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

PV data logging cuts out after 5min.

Started by 838, April 19, 2020, 01:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Finally narrowed it down to when my Mighty Might cooling fans are on and active. They are plugged in to the accessory port 09 FLHX. When the fans are on, data logs cut out after about 5min, if fans are not on it logs all day. If the fans are cutting out the logs when they are on, could they be cutting out the ecm and disrupting the map?

I've chased this forever and figured out it only happens when I'm running my love-juggs head fans that are connected to the accessory port under the seat (not diagnostics port as that is where the PV is plugged in). Anybody know why this would happen? And would this mean that running the fans could also be messing with my ecm calibrations as well?

Thanks

Coyote

It's not an unknown issue. Either LC filter the power going to the PV or better yet, move the fans onto a relay directly tied to the battery.

Thanks. If it's not messing with the ecm than it's no bother. I just won't run the fans while data logging. I don't keep the PV connected to this bike unless I'm logging. So could the fans be disruptive to the ecm on their own? Or are they just messing up my data logs?

Thanks coyote.

Coyote

Quote from: Coyote on May 19, 2020, 01:55:43 PM
It's not an unknown issue. Either LC filter the power going to the PV or better yet, move the fans onto a relay directly tied to the battery.

If I do it directly to the battery will I need a fuse? If so, what type should I purchase to wire up to the fan?

Coyote

The kit says it came with a fuse so just use that. If you don't have it, I'd get a blade fuse holder from Amazon or the auto parts store and put a 10 amp fuse in it. Locate the fuse up against the battery connection.