March 29, 2024, 07:51:55 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

2017 Road Glide fairing speakers

Started by Nedmorpower, April 22, 2020, 11:27:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nedmorpower

Last yr i bought the Rockford Fosgate speaker and amp kit to upgrade from stock. Just fairing speakers and amp NOT bag lids (i like my storage ). Mostly ride 80+ mph and with bad ears i usually run the volume around 3 to 4 bars from max. ( yes stock head unit has been flashed by stereo shop  )

With that being said last month i started to hear one of my speakers being distorted like its going bad. Im looking for recommendations on better 6.5 fairing speakers. I know you will get 1000 different opinions but thats ok. Im basically just asking if i should replace the rockford speaker with something else thats alittle louder and or better quality. Willing to spend around $500 to $600 for a pair of speakers if they will hold up to me playing them loud do to my speed habits. Thanks in advance to anyone who chimes in.

Incase someone wants to know current speakers and amp are :

TMS65 Power 6.5" Full Range
TM400X4ad Power Marine 400 Watt 4-Channel Amplifier

Pirsch Fire Wagon

Tom

cbumdumb

I had good luck with infinity Kappas on my old 13rgu

rdc401

MMatts 601 cx speakers will blow the Rockfords out of the water,abaout 100 bucks apiece