April 18, 2024, 05:04:30 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

SE 55MM Manifold ??

Started by sandrooney, April 26, 2020, 03:11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandrooney

I am going to replace the plastic manifold on my 18 Heritage with the SE manifold and I can't find a part number for the injector o rings, any help would be greatly appreciated. Looks like the throttle body to manifold gasket comes with it, anybody know? Will I need to re tune after installing?
Thanks for any help.
SR
Patience is such a waste of time .

hulkss

Induction module hardware kit 91800058.
Yes, the manifold includes the manifold to throttle body o-ring.
I did not retune. I have the SE Smart Tune Pro wideband module.

Get new intake seals 27300087.

sandrooney

Thank you. Did you change the injector o rings? Did you have a problem with the plastic or did you just change it out? Thanks again

TXChop

Have seen 2 plastics manifolds personally melt now. One was due to a customer have a few too many cocktails and forgot his bike was running in the driveway. Other one did not realize what sumping was and ran and overheated the bike badly.

sandrooney

Thanks TXchop. So all in all if not overheated the plastic ones seem ok? What symptoms did the melted ones show?
Thanks again
SR

TXChop

Both of mine were high and erratic idles. Simple spray test confirmed it in a few seconds.

sandrooney

hulkss

Quote from: sandrooney on April 29, 2020, 02:21:47 AM
Thank you. Did you change the injector o rings? Did you have a problem with the plastic or did you just change it out? Thanks again

Yes, I bought the hardware kit and put in new seals. The plastic one that came out looked OK. I rode through Needles, CA with it last summer and it was 121 F at the time. I did notice that there was almost no torque on the manifold flange screws.

sandrooney

Pirsch Fire Wagon

I've done many. No need to replace anything. Just Transfer. Everything will we A-O-KAY
Tom

sandrooney

sandrooney

Quote from: hulkss on April 30, 2020, 10:26:14 PM

Yes, I bought the hardware kit and put in new seals. The plastic one that came out looked OK. I rode through Needles, CA with it last summer and it was 121 F at the time. I did notice that there was almost no torque on the manifold flange screws.

Were you having any idle issues with the plastic one? If so did the SE manifold cure it? Thanks for the help. SR

hulkss

Quote from: sandrooney on May 05, 2020, 09:22:28 AM
Quote from: hulkss on April 30, 2020, 10:26:14 PM

Were you having any idle issues with the plastic one? If so did the SE manifold cure it? Thanks for the help. SR

My bike was running fine. I replaced the plastic manifold when I was into the motor doing a cam and oil pump. Runs great now.

sandrooney

Thanks, I have one on the way. Thanks again

sandrooney

I Just finished installing the aluminum manifold. Glad to get rid of that plastic one. Thanks for the help.