March 28, 2024, 09:56:23 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Non-Harley Branded Mesh Intercom Discussion

Started by turboprop, April 26, 2020, 05:59:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turboprop

Curious what mesh intercom systems others are using and your experience with them in larger user groups.

I have a couple of Cardo Packtalk and Sena 30k intercom systems and like them both. Each has their pros and cons, but seem to prefer the functionality of the 30k. I usually ride with a group of six or more bikes, some with passengers. I really like how everyone in the group (public of private) can hear, and even share music with the group. I think the audio clarity and volume is better on on the Packtalk.

I would like to limit the scope of this discussion to only mesh intercoms, not blue tooth and not the harley branded ones as they have funky features that are specific to harley platforms. Please start a different thread if you would like to discuss either of those.
'We' like this' - Said by the one man operation.

JerseyT

Four of us in our riding group recently purchased Cardo Packtalk Bold units with the JBL speakers.  Helmet types range from 3/4 open face, to half-helmet to full coverage to flip-up front.  Installation was a breeze on every helmet.  The sound quality, talking range distance, battery life and automatic connectivity of the mesh is excellent.  Taking phone calls and using Google features, playing music, etc. works perfectly.  Only one of us is really tech savvy and these units are easy to learn how to use. 

turboprop

Quote from: JerseyT on April 26, 2020, 07:48:11 PM
Four of us in our riding group recently purchased Cardo Packtalk Bold units with the JBL speakers.  Helmet types range from 3/4 open face, to half-helmet to full coverage to flip-up front.  Installation was a breeze on every helmet.  The sound quality, talking range distance, battery life and automatic connectivity of the mesh is excellent.  Taking phone calls and using Google features, playing music, etc. works perfectly.  Only one of us is really tech savvy and these units are easy to learn how to use.

Although I did for years, I cannot image not having an intercom now. Definitely a game changer. I will be in a larger group ride this summer, maybe thirty bikes. We are still in the taste great/less filling stage of deciding which platform to go with.

moose

TRy and borrow someones PackTalk Bold you will have your decision by the end of an hour

the new bolds come with JBL speakers real nice
Moose aka Glenn-

turboprop

Quote from: moose on April 27, 2020, 04:13:25 AM
TRy and borrow someones PackTalk Bold you will have your decision by the end of an hour

the new bolds come with JBL speakers real nice

I already own a couple of Packtalk Bolds and they work great in small groups. I am asking about how they mesh in a larger group. They all work great when there are just a couple units. More than 25 is what I am curious about. Hard for a sales guy to demo that.

moose

don't know about any more than 10 and they worked from front to back with no problem.  if someone got really out of range as soon as they got back it connected automatically   :hug:
Moose aka Glenn-