April 18, 2024, 04:18:10 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Andrews 48 in 2016 103 Soft Tail

Started by WhipLash96, May 01, 2020, 07:04:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhipLash96

Quote from: Propflux01 on May 07, 2020, 05:17:11 PM
Quote from: WhipLash96 on May 04, 2020, 12:11:24 PM
She is not a hot rodder by any stretch of the imagination. A friend brought up that the 48 would cause detention issues. I personally don't agree with that as that it is a light bike and everything else will be stock???

I have never heard/felt any detonation, nor seen evidence of it on the plugs or piston tops. Mine is installed on a 103, stock heads, and powervision tune. Getting on the on-ramp and some throttle is a thrill in itself. hills are great to ride on, and it has a growly idle.

Yeah I am not going to do a single thing to the engine other than a cam swap and tune at this point. The bike is pretty snappy for a stock bike in 5th and I roll hard to pass. It needs help below that point. :emoGroan:
Thanks,
Whip

Hossamania

Don't overthink it, the 48 pretty much hits all your points for her bike.
Just for kicks, I'll throw in the 555 Torquester.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

Finn

This may be worth checking:

https://university.fuelmotousa.com/article/h-d-twin-cam-103-camshaft-shootout/

I myself was torn between Andrews 48H and Cycle-Rama CR570-2.
-83 GS1000G | -84 GSX1100EF | -97 FLHR | -98 FLSTS | -16 Triumph Tiger Explorer XRT 1200

PoorUB

If she is not a hot rodder just slap in the 48's and be done with it. Other cams might get you more top end, maybe a couple foot pounds more or less down low, but seriously, it is hardly worth discussing unless you want to wring out every ft-lb and HP you can, and it doesn't sound like it in this case. The 48's will put a smile on her face as well as most any low RPM torque cam.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

WhipLash96

Quote from: PoorUB on May 08, 2020, 09:02:23 AM
If she is not a hot rodder just slap in the 48's and be done with it. Other cams might get you more top end, maybe a couple foot pounds more or less down low, but seriously, it is hardly worth discussing unless you want to wring out every ft-lb and HP you can, and it doesn't sound like it in this case. The 48's will put a smile on her face as well as most any low RPM torque cam.
Thank You for your input. :smiled:
Thanks,
Whip

TA63

the 48's are fricken awesome in 95, 98, and 103 builds. Best drop in cam on the planet imo. Built one with Larry's heads last year in a 98 cube motor that went 97hp 108 torque.  Never had anyone less than absolutely thrilled with them.

Hossamania

Whiplash, did you get some cams installed yet?
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.