April 19, 2024, 07:05:17 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

How to replace a 2008 FLHX fuel pump

Started by E.T., May 04, 2020, 06:55:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

E.T.

Looking for advice on how to remove the fuel pump, I have removed the cam plate and fuel filter housing, not sure how the pump is attached or comes out. The manual tells how but a picture or video is easier to understand for this old brain. Any help would be appreciated.PS There was no pressure in filter so I bought a regulator and pump.

Pirsch Fire Wagon

Quote from: E.T. on May 04, 2020, 06:55:52 AM
Looking for advice on how to remove the fuel pump, I have removed the cam plate and fuel filter housing, not sure how the pump is attached or comes out.

Well, the Fuel Pump is in the "Fuel Tank", What the cam plate and fuel filter housing has to do with it I'm unsure. "Perhaps" your referring to the "Oil Pump"?
Tom

E.T.

After removing the fuel tank console.. the only way to get into the fuel tank is to remove the Cam ring and then pull out the fuel filter, regulator assembly, with the 2 fuel lines disconnected from this ....is where I am now. How is the fuel pump attached inside the gas tank? Just it just lay in the tank or is it fixed in place?

Ohio HD

rigidthumper

Once the lock plate/top plate/filter housing is up, pinch the tabs on the fuel line to remove the hoses from the filter assembly, and lift that out, set aside. Look inside, you should see a white plastic assembly that holds everything in place- there is a tab on the back side of the assemble, that when lifted, allows the assembly to be slid back from the slot/tab made into the tank. There is also a tab on the side to allow the float holder to be slid free of it's tab. I pull the float first, then the pump.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

E.T.

Thank you for the info...the video was what got me this far...and after reading the manual and reading this post I think I can do this ... thanks again for your help....E.T   N.S. Canada....stay safe