March 28, 2024, 04:18:56 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Rockouts For..

Started by Deye76, May 07, 2020, 08:27:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deye76

Do they work on Evo arms? Have a Ultima motor. Thanks
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

Rockout Rocker Products

Kind of a dual question...

I have kits for Evo engines, but I don't think Ultima engines use stock components (just what I've been told).

I think the holes in Ultima rocker boxes are too small for inserts to go in. You can verify this yourself by measuring... the holes need to be at least .350 diameter.

In theory it's possible to make the inserts thinner walled but that would make them too weak to be successful.

Let me know (in PM if you prefer) what you find out & we'll see if we came come up with something  :up:
www.rockout.biz Stop the top end TAPPING!!

Deye76

How about S&S arms. Thinking of replacing the Ultima with S&S. Thanks.

Rockout Rocker Products

Quote from: Deye76 on May 09, 2020, 06:45:45 AM
How about S&S arms. Thinking of replacing the Ultima with S&S. Thanks.

It's not the rocker arms that are the problem. The S&S supports have the same small holes.

If you purchase a kit and find out that they don't fit just PM me &I'll refund your $.

Deye76

mike jesse

How about reaming the shafts to fit a standard sized Rockout  bushing?

Rockout Rocker Products

The shafts are hardened steel... pretty hard to ream  :wink: It's not the shafts that are the problem. The bolt holes fit too closely to the bolts to allow anything in between.

The supports could be reamed easily enough... I think the typical user would be a bit shy there.