April 19, 2024, 09:40:58 AM

News:

SE super tuner

Started by larry gaddie, May 09, 2020, 12:28:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

les

Quote from: Coyote on May 11, 2020, 09:54:46 AM
Quote from: les on May 11, 2020, 09:32:35 AM

I just need to verify if this tranny tune renders my SE tuner into a hockey puck.

No but it you load any other map from the SE tuner you will loose your gearing tables again.

Ok, so when I load my SE map I'll first tell the indy, "Don't put away your PV and don't go anywhere.  Let me ride up and down the street and I'll be right back."   :wink:

rigidthumper

And the indy purchases his PV licenses , and has to pay for each one-then resells them, one at a time.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

les

Quote from: rigidthumper on May 11, 2020, 11:16:00 AM
And the indy purchases his PV licenses , and has to pay for each one-then resells them, one at a time.

I anticipate that the indy will charge me whatever it cost, plus the appropriate amount of beer money thrown in.  Not over concerned about that.  My main concern is if I'll be able to use my SE module after my tranny gets fixed, or if I'll be left with a follow on decision that I'll have to buy a PV if I ever want to adjust my maps in the future.  But I won't entertain that last decision until I've seen with my own eyes that the SE module load overwrites the PV gear table fix.

HV

I think you will find that the SE map will replace all PV settings ... My question would be why would you want to still use a SE Tuner for anything ....lol Once your Indy connects his PV to your Bike with his Tune licence He ( or you ) can tune it as many times as you wish using His PV.... I cant see any advantage of re installing the SE Maps except to have an inferior tune and justify the $$$ you spent on the SE Tuner...  :teeth:   
HV HTT Admin ..Ride Safe ...But Ride informed with HTT !!
Skype HV.HTT

Jamie Long

Quote from: les on May 11, 2020, 08:26:40 AM

So, what you're saying is that even though my SE orange module does not have a gear ratio table, somehow it will overwrite the gear ratio table in the bike?

This is what I intend to verify whether it does or not.  As mentioned, no one on this site has performed that exact test.

Your SE tune has a gear ratio table, it's simply not exposed in the SE software (just like the dozens of other calibration items that you see in PV but not in the SE tunes)

les

Quote from: HV on May 11, 2020, 02:07:27 PM
I think you will find that the SE map will replace all PV settings ... My question would be why would you want to still use a SE Tuner for anything ....lol Once your Indy connects his PV to your Bike with his Tune licence He ( or you ) can tune it as many times as you wish using His PV.... I cant see any advantage of re installing the SE Maps except to have an inferior tune and justify the $$$ you spent on the SE Tuner...  :teeth:

Understood, but just think about your answer for a minute.  The current tune (which I paid good money for) is a really great tune.  I don't want to change it.  All I want is to tune my tranny.  Yes, I'd like to know if I'm able to set something simple like my Idle RPM or turn my engine temp management system off, if I want to make a minor change like that.  But I have no reason to make any changes to the substantial part of the engine tune.  Taking 10 extra minutes to perform this test is worth it, especially since no one here on HTT has actually verified if the test will be successful or not.  10 extra minutes to see if my $450 SE module "could" be used in the future if I ever decide to do some changes on my engine.  Actually, avoiding this extra 10 minutes makes less sense to me, don't you agree?

les

Quote from: Jamie Long on May 11, 2020, 02:45:04 PM

So, what you're saying is that even though my SE orange module does not have a gear ratio table, somehow it will overwrite the gear ratio table in the bike?

This is what I intend to verify whether it does or not.  As mentioned, no one on this site has performed that exact test.

Your SE tune has a gear ratio table, it's simply not exposed in the SE software (just like the dozens of other calibration items that you see in PV but not in the SE tunes)

The only thing I can say is what I said in reply #19.

Coyote

Quote from: Jamie Long on May 11, 2020, 02:45:04 PM

I already told him that Jamie. Guy doesn't want to listen. Not sure why he asked the question but refuses the answer.   :doh:

les

So, I made an appointment on May 20th to do my tranny tuning.  The service manager agrees with Coyote and Jamie that loading the SE map will over write the gear ratio table.  Nevertheless, we're going to take the extra few minutes to do it just to see with our own eyes.  Of course, I will post confirmation that my theory was wrong after I get back home.

les

As expected, I was wrong about the SE map load.

The entire process went pretty quick.  He downloaded the map in my bike into his PV.  I used the spreadsheet tool on my laptop to enter the current values from the PV gear ratio map, and give him the green column values.  Then he entered those values into the gear ratio map, and uploaded it into the bike.  Cruise control fixed.

Then I took my laptop and loaded my SE map into my bike.  Cruise control went back to NOT working and he looked and verified that it reset the gear ratio tables back to what we started with.  He then took his hand-held PV module (which still had my fix map), loaded it back into the bike, and cruise control working again.

He charged me $200 for the PV license and $80 labor.  He emailed me my license, stk file (what's that???), and the final tune PV map with my corrected gear ratios.

Stubborn Les

Coyote

Quote from: les on May 20, 2020, 03:09:24 PM
He emailed me my license, stk file (what's that???), and the final tune PV map with my corrected gear ratios.

Stubborn Les

The stk file is the PV license you paid 200 bucks for. You will need that file if you want to use a different PV to adjust the bike in the future.

cheech

Quote from: Coyote on May 20, 2020, 03:26:59 PM
The stk file is the PV license you paid 200 bucks for. You will need that file if you want to use a different PV to adjust the bike in the future.
I was under the impression the .STK file was his "original" tune drawn from his ECM?
In turn his tuner had to submit that to Dynojet to receive the License.
But in the end it should be his backup file in the event he wants to flash his bike back to "stock"?
May contain the license?

Coyote

That's true. The license file is a .txt file. If the OP did not get this file back as well, he should ask for it. When you open the license file, it should look similar to this one below.

<PVLicense>
   <Name>
   </Name>
   <Company>
      DJ
   </Company>
   <Email>
      none
   </Email>
   <LicenseCode>
   </LicenseCode>
   <ExpireVer>
   </ExpireVer>
   <Cmd>
      VL:09-KB4-1GL49RH
   </Cmd>
   <Signature>
      ZHDLSz7xJsWuf3Fw7FEssrfWQedjmupMSoXAjpdaZr6RQEZfYEpqWu4cBOpTrxcworwqmskoKuGw/Jh1W1Xavb4KEUZMgpQfjrD+07newJ60Mn1NMoVDKCOn/RhhO1JCNP9dnyiJVLAdGTL/ct56u8iM7Qg4wQg7PfmTCA2XzjA=
   </Signature>
</PVLicense>

eddfive

Call Technoresearch and ask if there Centurion product will allow for gearing changes by gear. Then you need to find a shop near you that has the Centurion product.

remington007

Even if Centurion could change the ratio table, if the SE map is reloaded it would revert to whatever is in the SE map.

les

Quote from: remington007 on May 21, 2020, 06:58:40 AM
Even if Centurion could change the ratio table, if the SE map is reloaded it would revert to whatever is in the SE map.

Yes, I saw this with my own eyes because I did it with my own hands.  The service manager and the dyno tech at Roeders Racing witnessed this too.